Upgrade RC-3?

01svtL

If I can make a deal with him and send payment via paypal or send you a money order or something, would you mind picking it up and holding on to it for me?

Made the deal with him and received your paypal payment. I'll pick it up tonight and hold on to it until you can make it thru here in March.

• Like 1

I think the RC 7 will be a good match for the RF 5.  I am the odd man out when it comes to using a different series center speaker.  I use an RC 64 with RF 7, no problem and great dialogue.  I substitued and RC 35 for the RC 64, no problem, great dialogue at high or low volume.  I can see some concern for timber matching  but, can't get the not keeping up part.  I have used an Icon VC 25 and no problem keep up with the RF 7's. 

If speaker X can hit the 105 db for reference playback, it should be able to keep up.

Done deal, i picked it up and tested it. Has a really big and nice sound. I could not find a single scratch on this other than a small piece of chipped veneer on the back bottom edge. The grill is in good shape but does have one broken peg and the logo is missing.

Here are some pics to hold you over until March

post-51278-0-07600000-1423105994_thumb.jpost-51278-0-03800000-1423106008_thumb.jpost-51278-0-84560000-1423106020_thumb.jpost-51278-0-22360000-1423106048_thumb.jpost-51278-0-69120000-1423106058_thumb.jpost-51278-0-03080000-1423106071_thumb.jpost-51278-0-70280000-1423106080_thumb.jpost-51278-0-42000000-1423106091_thumb.j

Oh boy, here we go. Once the OP hears this beast after using the 3, maybe a fellow Klipsch-a-phile?

Dang Tasdom, I was in Albuq. in December. Only stayed 3 days and I actually got to see snow! Not very common in the Houston area so it was a treat. It was maybe Dec 15th (ish), Saturday night it snowed, then turned to rain, and was 99% gone Sunday morning.

I'd a bought you some green chile stew and a cold one if I'd known. I guess next time I'm there its your turn to buy! :D  Oh sorry, back to the regularly scheduled program. 

Awesome speaker and great price.

Oh boy, here we go. Once the OP hears this beast after using the 3, maybe a fellow Klipsch-a-phile?

Dang Tasdom, I was in Albuq. in December. Only stayed 3 days and I actually got to see snow! Not very common in the Houston area so it was a treat. It was maybe Dec 15th (ish), Saturday night it snowed, then turned to rain, and was 99% gone Sunday morning.

I'd a bought you some green chile stew and a cold one if I'd known. I guess next time I'm there its your turn to buy! :D  Oh sorry, back to the regularly scheduled program. 

Awesome speaker and great price.

Anytime, just give me a heads up. I'll take you to a real chili restaurant. None of that tex-mex crap :P We don't get a lot of snow here, maybe 3 to 4 storms per season.

It was nice meeting you as well Billy! Killer system you have there! All we have up here right now is a cheap old Sony receiver. Can't wait to get my Marantz up here and hook everything up.

Thanks again for handling the transaction for me!

Edited by 01svtL