WHOOO HOOO, phase one of my theater should be done by this weekend

m00n

And should have my equipment in and rocken. I have a good friend who has an InFocus ScreenPlay 110, that he is not using, said I could use it. But if and when he wants it back in about a year, then I need to give it up. That should be ok though because I should have my own projector by them.

Got all my office equipment out of the blue room, framed in a door that was missing, ripped out another door and framed that up so I have a solid wall... However, phase one will NOT inlude a riser floor and extra sub. I am too impatient to wait. Besides I am running out of money for the extra material to build it anyway.

I measured out my screen, I will be able to handle a 96"X47" wide screen for my 16:9 ration.

Phew.... Getting excited. cwm4.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Congrats mOOn,

Sounds like you're building a great system. Keep us posted and please post some pics so we can see how everything works out.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Yea mOOn,

That infocus sreenplay is suposed to be dynamite, I'm sure you'll love it.

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

quote:

Originally posted by HornEd:

Go for it
m00n
... you have us excited too!

And don't forget some photos along with your rave reviews. -HornED

Rave reviews cwm6.gif??? Well, I am a little concerned that it will be echoie (<-- for the lack of a better term). I will only have carpet and bare walls with nothing on them for now. Not to mention, it has that A-Frame vaulted ceiling. I can hear a bit of echo just when talking in that room. Which brings me to the following question: How bad is it to put drapes/cutians behind your fronts, center and sub? Right now they will be against a simi-gloss painted wall. Actually all the walls are simi-gloss.

So, anyway, I just want to re-iterate, this will be a very plane jane looking from for now. 4 walls, a vaulted ceiling, speakers and a projector. Decor will be added over time.

I will keep ya posted. I just took a couple of pics of how my progress is on the minor construction. I have not taken pics along the way basically cause there was not much to show and tell.cwm1.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

MOON,

Your lucky to have a dedicated building to work with! My living area is already too small. I noticed that your right RS-7 seems to be mounted directly to the wall. Do they have similar key hole mounts like the RS-3 and if so, what type of anchors/toggles did you use? Thanks

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

TV - RCA 31"

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

space_cowboy asked:

I noticed that your right RS-7 seems to be mounted directly to the wall. Do they have similar key hole mounts like the RS-3 and if so, what type of anchors/toggles did you use? Thanks

I have my RS-7s mounted directly to the walls also. Yes, they do have the same keyhole mounts like the RS-3. I use #10 1 1/2 inch screws into wall board anchors. That seems to work good. Would be nicer to go into the stud, but since there never seems to be a stud at the right place, I ended up using wall board anchors.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Space and skonopa

The holes are the same type, BUT the RS7's hole spacing are farther appart than they are on the RS3's. I had a pair of RS3's before I upgraded to R7's all the way around. I had to punch new holes in my walls. Oh yes, that made the wife incredibly happy. Gee dear, thank you. Thank you for two new holes in my walls. It really adds to the decore of the living room. Oh and the speaker wire running down the front of the wall... Well, I am just.... Just.... speachless, it's so pretty.cwm12.gif

Ahhh well, she needs to worry not much longer, it will all be outa the living room soon.cwm4.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 08-07-2002 at 04:47 PM

m00n said:

The holes are the same type, BUT the RS7's hole spacing are farther appart than they are on the RS3's.

Yeah, that is something that I forgot to mention. When I went to the RS-7s, I also had to punch a new hole in the wall and spackle over the old one for each speaker (also had to install a larger shelf for the rear center to accomadate the much larger/heavier RC-7 instead of the RC-3 that was there before). However, I am not looking forward to pulling everything down to repaint that room <ugh>.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Thanks mOOn and skonopa, based on that I will reconsider the price of the RS-7; that is what I want and will go compare soon. Thanks for the input.

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

TV - RCA 31"

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

"Gee dear, thank you. Thank you for two new holes in my walls. It really adds to the decore of the living room. Oh and the speaker wire running down the front of the wall... Well, I am just.... Just.... speachless, it's so pretty."

They do get that way - Don't they !c>

So like the kid's gonna have to work his way through High School.Big Deal! It builds character - Just listen to those Klipsches!

cwm27.gif

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-07-2002 at 07:29 PM