Help with my Sony DVD player

Orange Peel

Not sure if anyone knows what this is, but here I go.

When I'm watching a movie, and the dvd player has been on and playing the movie for a while, the sound seems to be behind/lagging from the lips on the movie. Like there's a delay between when the actor speaks and then the sound projects. It gets pretty annoying after a while. I have had the DVD player for a few years, and well taken care of. It cost $599 when I bought it, it's a great player when this doesn't happen.

If I turn the unit off for a few mins, then turn it back on and play the movie again everything is fine. Do you think the player is getting hot or something? Should I buy a lens cleaner disk?

Here's a pic of the DVD player and it's location.

sonydvd.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

------------------

devil.gifScott

This message has been edited by Orange Peel on 08-08-2002 at 11:49 PM

There were some Lip-Sync problems with players from several manufacturers earlier on. Sony's X25 Models were plagued by this problem too. The link below states there was a FirmWare fix issued to correct this problem for those Sony models. Perhaps you should contact your Sony Service Center to see if it's applicable to your model. Can't tell your model no. from the pic.

http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/trouble-shootings/0013-sony-lipsync-firmware.html

This link just provides info on the Lip-Sync problem.

http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/trouble-shootings/0008-lip-sync.html

Hope this helps,

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>