One More R.I.P.

whatever55

Ironic and sad how dancing to "Jumpin' at the Woodside" by Count Basie gave him his moment in the spot light to become a nostalgic icon to many and Gene winds up losing both legs in 2001 to diabetes complications.

In saluting him I think I’ll go put on Jumpin at the Woodside, twist up some Acapulco gold, take a long swig of Boones Farm and salute Gene and the entertainment of the 70s one final time.  Maybe not, but at least I’ll think about it……RIP Gene…..

At the time of the Gong Show, it just seemed like they were having fun while the camera was on and just letting whatever could get by the censors fly.  Does anyone remember the “Oooops” covering the screen when Jaye P Morgan would unbutton her shirt?

I seem to remember a joke by the Unknown Comic that went something like this, "Did you hear that Jaye P. Morgan's living bra committed suicide? It was leading an empty life!" :o

I'm not sure what has changed where the links don't show the youtube screen anymore; however, here is a little compilation of Gene Gene the Dancing Machine. 

https://youtu.be/_Dd6-KV0TR8

Edited by Fjd

didn’t that guy hosting the show later claim to be a CIA assassin or something?

In his autobiography Chuck Barris claimed to be a CIA assassin during the 60s and 70s.  There was a movie in 2002 titled same as the book, “Confessions of a Dangerous Mind” and directed by George Clooney.  From what I can tell, he didn’t seem to fit the typical profile of a CIA recruit during those years and of course, the CIA has gone on record of denying the claims.  I do remember he went through a really tough time trying to deal with his daughter’s long drug addiction and ultimate death back in the late 90s.