Pre-Set up suggestions

cdsang

Ok, I have never had to unpack a tower speaker before as well as WDST speakers or a center. Only satilites and a sub. So I was wondering, what would be the best way to unpack Klipsch towers? Do they come in there own box, or both in the same box? And are the WDST speakers package together, or sepertly? I am asking so I don't damage my speakers when unpacking and also so I have an idea how to pack the stuff in the back of the truck. Any answers would be great. Thank you in advance.

The RF-3 Series Center is boxed seperately, the RS-3's were boxed together. All are easily removed as they have their own preformed packaging that protects them during shipment. You won't have any surprises or encounter problems in their removal.

If not available, you may want to consider having these additional items on hand after removal and installation of cables and wires.

1) An Analog Sound Pressure Level (SPL) Meter calabrate your system. It allows you to measure and adjust each channels output based on your preferred listening position. Can also be used to adjust the Subwoofer output level, if you have one. Radio Shack has a good analog model for about $40.00.

2) A DVD Theater Set-up Disc. This disc has test tones and and other useful info as to how to properly set-up and calibrate an HT System, most contain instructions on how to set-up and use the SLP Meter. Some also include instructions for fine tuning a Monitor/TV as well. Two disc that come to mind are: Avia's Guide to Home Theater Setup and Video Essentials. You would need to check for the latest versions based on your type of system set-up. i.e, 5.1/6.1/7.1, etc.

With the right tools on hand, you will be assured to have a maximized HT and audio system.

Have a successful and enjoyable set-up process!

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-10-2002 at 12:51 PM