eico st-70 ebay 1372757813

arfz28

Seems like a heck of deal all the tubes look great if there still strong except I'm not Familar with the Ruby 5AR4's or the penta labs 12AX7's. All the EICO branded tubes are mostly likely nice tubes the 7591's are probably Sylvania or RCA. If the unit is as stated its well worth the price but beware the only tube made today to replace the 7591 is much larger and may not allow the use of the cover or cage but will work fine other wise and NOS tubes are real expensive.

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Yea, those NOS 7591 are scarce and quite expensive now. Depending on who's selling, a single tube can be priced anywhere from around $20 to over $75! Electro Harmonix has a 7591A replacement for about $40 each. Stovek has a 7591XYZ replacement tube. The Stovek is not a direct drop in replacement, it requires the owner to make bias modification using a cathode resistor which is included with the purchase. Reportedly a simple mod.

I do like the sound of my old Fisher 800B, which still has its original Fisher labeled 7591's. It doesn't rival some other fine offerings, but it has that unique Fisher warmth and pleasing sound I like. Reminds me of the Saturday night family gathering; parents put on those old flying saucer LP...we kids thought, why are they listening to this old stuff...kinda gives meaning now to the old theorem:"With Age Comes Wisdom!"f>. New isn't always better.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-11-2002 at 10:22 AM

ShapeShifter,

saw your comment: "kinda gives meaning now to the old theorem:"With Age Comes Wisdom!".

guy on another board I frequent has a sig line something like "Fountain of Youth? Youth we got, how about a Fountain of Smart?"

or a bumper sticker I saw last week, "So soon old, so late smart."

I just hit 49, I'm starting to identify with this stuff.

Tom "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself when I was young"

quote:

I just hit 49, I'm starting to identify with this stuff

LOL

Try 59 as pour moi

"She who must be obeyed" remarked the other day that watching me get ready to go to work these days is not so much observing preparation as watching reconstruction.

P.S. To avoid the accusation of plagarism "She who must be Obeyed" - Is lifted w/o apology from the Rumpole of the Bailey books/BBC TV. series - Leo Kern is priceless as Rumpole BTW. Look for this program on PBS - Absolutely marvellous writing and Acting - I give the series an 11 out of 10 !

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 08-11-2002 at 04:41 PM

This day sucks, spent 5 hours yeasterday getting my z28 ready for the hometown carshow and it rains all day long. I new this eico would be gone win I got back home , yep yets gone, sh-t, what the hell, what a day waited all year for this car show. what can I say, nothing, it is my own falt. I am spending money on my tempest sonotube and am waiting to get it done, not enouf time to do it 3 kids and a grally wife. thank god for a cold one, or two. who ever got this eico probably got a buy. my z28 is setting in the garadge just begging to get out, this sucks. what the hell somebody one this board had too have a better day.