Would you put Heresys on stands?

I located the link to PWK's report about putting loudspeakers on open-legged stands or pulling them out of the corners of the room:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=53973

Chris

I believe that I listen to my Klipsch loudspeakers because one guy knew what he was doing with regard to loudspeaker design and placement of loudspeakers in listening rooms.  That is something that I take as fact.

Now, if you don't care about bass (and no one doesn't care about bass), then place  your loudspeakers on open stands or tables with cavities underneath them. 

If you want the Heresy's "horns" at ear level to hear them because you've placed them in a poor room for listening to Heresies on slant risers on the floor near corners, then placing those speakers on solid risers without cavities underneath the loudspeaker/stand is the best compromise that you've got, unless you're going to use a subwoofer and cross-over to the sub at 60 Hz or higher.

If you don't believe what PWK is saying, simply take a room sweep with REW and a calibration microphone - you'll see the severe loss of bass as shown in the article.  That's something that I've measured myself.

YMMV.

Chris

At the show, neither the band nor the mains are coming at me from knee level.  So given that, and the sought after illusion, "ideally" floor placed Heresies seem inherently flawed.  And even on the floor, they still require subs for the lower octaves.

So I say use stands, eq. as needed, and augment w/ subs.