WTB: La Scala

MWS

Found some!

Wow, congrats, great looking system you have there!  You have a beautiful listening room to enjoy the LS.  I've also been a big fan of Yam 'Natural Sound' amps for years, using a CA2010 controlled by a Carver C4000 pre-amp.  Enjoy!

IMG_1224_zpsnta7x9z0.jpg

are any of these class A amplifiers

Found some!

Wow, congrats, great looking system you have there!  You have a beautiful listening room to enjoy the LS.  I've also been a big fan of Yam 'Natural Sound' amps for years, using a CA2010 controlled by a Carver C4000 pre-amp.  Enjoy!

IMG_1224_zpsnta7x9z0.jpg

Yes, the CA-2010 and its little brother CA-1000,1010 can be run in Class A.  In Class B the CA-2010 puts out about 120wpc; in Class A only about 30wpc, and the amp gets siginificantly warmer when in A mode.  Spec-wise, Class A supposedly offers warmer highs and a tighter bass, but my ears aren't able to discern the difference.  Your mileage may vary, of course.

Edited by scalawag

Found some!

IMG_1224_zpsnta7x9z0.jpg

Yes, the CA-2010 and its little brother CA-1000,1010 can be run in Class A.  In Class B the CA-2010 puts out about 120wpc; in Class A only about 30wpc, and the amp gets siginificantly warmer when in A mode.  Spec-wise, Class A supposedly offers warmer highs and a tighter bass, but my ears aren't able to discern the difference.  Your mileage may vary, of course

.Class A amplifiers are the best out there -and the most expensive - congrats on the amps -

running so hot can damage an amplifier that is not true CLASS A -  and do very serious damages as well , as ALL components are run at maximum, output  all the time - any damage aslo requires the replacement of a lot of parts  -and most technicians have a hard time reparing class A  amplifiers -