Have to go back to klispch

swa99a

How big does your room have to be, and far should you sit back from a 6 1/2 woofer basically the rp260 or if you sit less then 9 feet away think you have to go down to the 250 with is the 5 1/4 woofer

First, there is no set size room ideal for a set size of speakers(woofers).

I have a pair of RF-63's(3-6.5" woofers per speaker) in a near 6000ft3 room with my main seating position being at 9.5' from the 63's.  So with that said your "theory" is a bit flawed. ;)  :D

I think they sound awesome in my room for music and movies.

For impacting movie watching at your 9' listening position, I would go with the larger RP260F's if you can afford them.  Bigger is better often applies with stereo music also.

Bill

Thanks willand i wasnt stating i was just asking cause i sit about 8 feet away and just wasnt sure if 260 would be to much .on top of me if that makes sense .6000 ft how do you get those measurements.

And you have a sub . So most of your base goes to your sub ,what are the 63s doing playing the mids

Edited by swa99a

Thanks willand i wasnt stating i was just asking cause i sit about 8 feet away and just wasnt sure if 260 would be to much .on top of me if that makes sense .

I know that, I just did not know how best to convey my opinion. 

6000 ft how do you get those measurements.

18W x 28L x 11.5H = 5796ft3

And you have a sub .

Make that four subs.

So most of your base goes to your sub ,what are the 63s doing playing the mids

I have my RF-63's and RC-64 crossed over at 60Hz and surrounds at 80Hz.

Will 260 still preform well if i dont have them up loud

What is loud to you?

Bill 

Just tring to make sure i go with the right speaker my area is. W 12 L 30 h 81/2 my wall is directly behind me im about 8 feet away from where speakers will be and to the right of me is my dining room and kitchen all open .

So you have your crossed over so that it is dynamic 

Oh yeah, dynamic is an understatement.

you get all sounds from your woofers

If you mean subwoofers, yes the LFE(.1) channel in movie soundtracks and sub 60Hz bass with music.

Bill

Just tring to make sure i go with the right speaker my area is. W 12 L 30 h 81/2 my wall is directly behind me im about 8 feet away from where speakers will be and to the right of me is my dining room and kitchen all open .

Since you have a reinforcing wall right behind you, then either of your choices will be just fine.  

As mentioned before, if you can afford the larger ones, then get them.  You don't want the "what if" thing to bite you later. :unsure:

Bill

Edited by willland

But for home theater the sub will take all the lows correct. What would i be missing out on

I have an RF63/RC64/RS35 setup in my main system in a pretty large room.  The sound is fantastic for music and pretty darn good for HT.

My buddy has an RF7/RC7/RS7 setup in his bonus room which is about 4000ft3.  He uses this room for gaming(XBox 360) and movies only.  He has all his speakers crossed at 80Hz and those RF7's just sound/feel bigger than my RF63's, which they are.  I just feel the larger woofers of the 260F's are going to feel and sound bigger than the smaller ones regardless if both would be crossed at 80Hz.  With the fronts only 8ft away you will feel the 260's more than the 250's.

Bill

Edited by willland

^^ I would agree. If money is not the issue grab the RF-7 II & RC-64 II.

Lot's of god deals available on them, plus they are on sale right now direct from Klipsch.

Just think of the $$$ you'll be saving by not buying a smaller interim set of speakers.

Go straight to the RF-7 II & RC-64 II... your room size can handle them just fine.