Dynaco ST-70

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

I'm letting go of my Triode Electronics Dynaco ST-70 tube amp that I acquired through CraigsList. It was my first tube amp that I tried out of curiosity and as it turns out tubes just aren't for me. I paired it with my Klipschorns and because of their efficiency a buzz could be heard from this amp. I took it to a local repair shop and they couldn't find anything wrong - they tested it on shop speakers (probably 90db). Other than that there isn't anything wrong with it. I talked with Craig (NOS valves) and I was going to do have him upgrade it but since I'm not keeping it that doesn't make sense. I'm sure whoever buys it could have him do some magic with it. The tubes still weren't broken in when I bought it and I'd guess they have a total of about 200 hours on them.

I'm asking for $700 from my friends here on the forums, which I think is a fair price considering the kit itself is about that much without the tubes. You pay for shipping. I'll box it up real nice.

post-58311-0-39900000-1433697473_thumb.j

post-58311-0-83860000-1433697481_thumb.j

post-58311-0-52460000-1433697492_thumb.j

post-58311-0-22300000-1433697505_thumb.j

Guest Steven1963

Thanks Eric, I can't find any stamp on the outside of the transformers to determine who built them. Sorry for such a late reply, I haven't been good at tending this ad.

Edited by Steven1963

Steve,

Not into tubes myself but man that looks beautiful and a good quality build. Are the output transformers Hammond? GLWYS

Eric

I believe the transformers are Classic Tone, made in the U.S.A. reproductions. Nice amp. Good luck with the sale.

Guest David H
Not into tubes myself but man that looks beautiful and a good quality build.

I think you might like tubes!  But that's a whole new can of worms.

Dave

Guest David H
Very good iron exceeding the OE dynacos.

Are you saying the cloth covered wire doesn't make it sound better?   How dare you!!! :o  :o :o  

I may have to report this to the snake oil / BS department.   I am going to listen to my PS-ONE  :wub:  and try and forget I saw that.

Dave

• 1 month later...