On the Prowl for a Bluetooth Speaker

philly0116

Just wondering if anyone can throw out any suggestions for a portable bluetooth speaker. I work in construction and travel some. Speaker wouldnt be abused, just may need to be suitable for dusty environments, etc. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

I hear Bose puts out a god Bluetooth portable speaker... Just kidding, I am personally looking into picking up the klipsch kmc3. It has good reviews and appears to have pretty good specs. Not a bad price either.

I dont doubt thats a good speaker but its a big rascal, not a throw in the backpack and go type. 

That's probably true. Size could be a consideration but I'll bet sound on the job site would trump that.

We never had good sound on site. Ever. I did actually listen to a friend's Bose unit and it was alright. It was very portable and he streamed thru his iPhone all night.

A couple of colleagues at work swear by an offering from JBL. Unsure of which one exactly (Charge, Flip, etc.), but worth looking into. Just be sure to get the biggest one as practical for your work space (paying attention to baffle size) otherwise you're essentially listening to the equivalent of a tweeter / cell phone.

Then there's KMC-3 ....if you want to go all out. The Klipsch employees love'em from what I hear.

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

Kmc-1 is where it's at in the klipsch line up. Kmc-3 if you can always plug in. Kmc-1 has a rechargeable battery in it, can charge your phone from the internal battery, and can answer phone calls from it. Works great for a mechanic. I can charge my phone in my toolbox while I roll around the shop. I can also take radio with me in a truck and leave phone in box so I don't get in trouble at work, and if someone calls I can take the call on the kmc-1 itself. It really is the sweet spot

Just wondering if anyone can throw out any suggestions for a portable bluetooth speaker. I work in construction and travel some. Speaker wouldnt be abused, just may need to be suitable for dusty environments, etc. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

I've been down that road before, and FUGOO is the best sounding portable Bluetooth speaker I've heard.

I own one, Fugoos' "Tough" model. The sound is superb, take it boating, camping and I've dunked it in the water, and dropped it on concrete, it's relatively indestructible. They are designed to take a beating, while providing better SQ than the rest, and they delivered on all fronts.

Here's a thread I started, when I was in your current situation, undecided.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/153282-whos-got-a-bluetooth-speaker-they-love/?hl=bluetooth

Edited by Gilbert

I know everyone here hates Bose, but my sister in law had the Soundlink and I've been pretty impressed for what it is. As much as I love Klipsch, I've been in unimpressed with the quality of their new products. Not saying their Bluetooth products wouldn't be good, but I have a pair of Bose computer speakers at work for 6 years now. The pair of klipsch I had at home barely lasted a year and they were hardly used unlike the ones at work which are used every day.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/digital_music_systems/bluetooth_speakers/soundlink_color/index.jsp

but I have a pair of Bose computer speakers at work for 6 years now. The pair of klipsch I had at home barely lasted a year and they were hardly used unlike the ones at work which are used every day.
my bose companion speakers were ABUSED for 5 years while i owned them and i sold them for half what i payed for them and they worked perfectly still. not a single problem ever. there are a few things bose makes that are good. the rest?  :pwk_bs: