HSU VTF-3 opinions...... Compare..

Mikekid

I have been looking around at subs once again. Do any of you have any experiences with this sub...or this company? How would you rate the RSW, SVS and HSU subs? I am currently using an older Klipsch SW-12II in med oak that I will never get rid of. (I get attached to my audio stuff..and this ones so pretty!)I would then use the SW12 for the lows at the rear surrounds. I'm still leaning toward SVS.

Thanks a LOT!

Mike

Go with the SVS-Ultra 2's. You won't be disappointed. Buy them before September 19th and save some money.

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

If I had only three choices(Klipsch RSW,SVS and HSU)I would without any hesitation get the SVS,SVS Ultra or SS no question about it.Not even a doubt

From music to HT the SVS Ultra(SS)delivers in spades.

Just get a good power amp for these subs and you are set.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

My best friend recently got this sub, and we were both really impressed. The sound quality is stellar. And that holds equally true for music and home theater. Hsu seems to really know his stuff. The sub is actually pretty good looking too, looks very well made and is black and it also has some funky variable tuning options. I also like the Klipsch RSW sound quality, and the looks are slick, but I have to say the Hsu is really a tremendous value. Only available online though, but probably worth trying it out at the least

Howard Ferstler just reviewed/measured the VTF-3. HF only does max clean(subjectively clean to his ears) tests at both 20 and 31hz...so the data isn't as encompassing as it could be....but it is still a very good indicator of the subwoofer's capabilities.He measures 17ft from a corner loaded unit btw.

VTF-2($449)/ 20hz-90dB,31hz-106dB

VTF-3($849)/ 20hz-100dB,31hz-112dB

SVS 16-46pc($599) 20hz-102dB,31hz-113dB (this was the OLD PC using the outdated driver and much less powerful 190w amp)

HF has already written a review for the 25-31PCi...but I can't quote any data until it is on the newstands. Hopefully the next issue of TSS(the sensible sound)will be out soon!

I don't know of any HF data on the Klipsch units,sorry.

TV

Mikekid... save those pennies and recycle all the aluminum cans you can find... and then move your aspirations up to an SVS Ultra or two... even if you use an old stereo amp to power them for the time being.

A pair of passive Ultras are just not that much more expensive and they have the power to bring true "reference level" bass into your own personal listening space.'

It is hard to beat a well executed "Sonotube" design is hard to beat for quality and price... and both Hsu and SVS are well executed "Sonotube" designs. Sure, you may be able to save a few bucks by added your own labor to a DIY try... but I have yet to hear a DIY that beats my matched Ultras. -HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg

I sure do wish I could test drive these in my own living room...but that isn't gonna happen.

I keep going back and forth on these subs's (what was that?) web sites.

All seem very impressive, but seems more folks here prefer SVS.

Guess thats the direction I'll go too.

Take care all.

(Welcome back Ed)

Mike

Not necessarily prefer but more people here simply own SVS and people will naturally push the products that they own, and the Hsu VTF-3 is brand new as far as I know so most people here have never even heard one. It is a great sounding piece of equipment. There is the inherent problem in not being able to listen to the product before you order