Quintet or Synergy System 6 - Mounting?

rmeredith@pa.net

I am finally buying my first house (new construction) and would like to get a good (not top-of-the-line) set of speakers for my tv/home theater setup. How would the front/rear channels of the System 6 look when mounted on the wall? How big are they. My front/center speakers are no problem - I'll mount them on the wall (if they aren't too large). The rear speakers - who knows. I don't have a wall behind my couch - it is broke in the middle for the stairs. Could you mount the rear speakers on stands? How about ceiling mount?

Does Klipsch have a setup that I could flush-mount in the wall? How should I prepare the walls for this? (it is new construction). Can I put the front/center in the walls and flush mount the rears in the ceiling?

Any help is appreciated.

-robert

You may want to check out the Architectural Section a bit further down in the forum. They post lots of information on speaker matching and installation methods for Klipsch on-wall and ceiling mountable speakers.

The link below will take you to Klipsch's page that shows other speakers that are a match for the SB-1's. The SB-1's are the Front Main Bookshelfs in the Synergy System 6.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/productdetail.asp?id=39&line=

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

Robert,

Aren't the SB-1's vented? If so, you can't wall mount them from the back, they need some spacing. The rear/side speakers could be wall or ceiling mounted. I have my surrounds mounted where the wall meets the ceiling, on boxes that angle them down to the listening position.

Klipsch does offer in wall speakers. I have never heard any, so I can't comment on how they sound.

Wes has a good suggestion, search the Architectural section for ideas. I even have a post with photo's of my surrounds.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1979 La Scalas (mains), SF-2 Center (pair), RS-3 Surrounds, RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Living Room:

Yamaha RX-V590, 1978 Klipschorns Mainsc>s>

Jim is correct the SB-1's are Bass Reflex, with a rear mounted port. See link to specifications:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/cutsheet.asp?id=39

I can't remember the exact details, but do recall BobG mentioning that Omnimount made a bracket that should provide sufficient clearance for mounting RB Bookshelfs (which have a rear port) on walls.

Don't think Omnimount sells direct to individuals, but Talk To Keith new of a retailer who would take the order and have Omnimount ship direct to the customer. If he reads your post, perhaps he will provide more insight.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-14-2002 at 07:14 PM