Tyler Acoustics PD15 speakers

Breakdown7

I have decided to sell my Tyler Acoustics PD15 speakers and change directions with my system. They are beautiful sounding/looking, and completely audiophile grade. Eminence drivers and wired internally with DH Labs cables. Ribbon Mahogany finish. They are very efficient at 98db and can easily be driven with low wattage amps; 8 ohm impedance. I used them with my Cary 300SEI tube amp, which is only 15 watts/channel. They are a joy to listen to and very smooth. The speakers are in excellent condition, along with the grills which attach magnetically. I can only find one small ding on the cabinets. They come with the original brass spikes. New they are $3000. I am willing to take $1200. Local pickup is preferred in the north Florida area. However, I am willing to ship if buyer pays all packing/shipping costs. These weigh around 125lbs each. Very well built cabinets.

post-54981-0-57160000-1436408344_thumb.j

post-54981-0-22920000-1436408363_thumb.j

post-54981-0-33920000-1436408382_thumb.j

Edited by Breakdown7

Yes I realize the competition for Klipsch speakers, and thanks for pointing that out.  I owned both Cornwall I's and II's before buying these. Once I heard them, it was no contest.  They have all the detail and same type of presentation as the Cornwalls, but a lot smoother.  Not sharp with digital like both pair of Cornwalls were in my system. Although the Chorus is also a fine sounding speaker, I prefer the Tylers.  However, I can't compare them to the LaScalas.  Never heard a pair in my room, with my gear.  It would be a fun comparison for sure.

I appreciate you listing the links as well.  These are somewhat of a rare speaker and not everyone will be familiar.  I am still somewhat on the fence about selling them.  I plan to move them downstairs next week to try for home theater use for fun.  I've read they also sound great for that type of stuff.  I've always used them for 2-channel with tubes.  Who knows, I may actually end up keeping these.  The only reason I put them up for sale is due to my recent speaker purchase...Selah Audio Tempestas. They are an entirely different designed speaker and each have their own strengths.  Why can't I just keep them all? (I keep asking my wife) 

Edited by Breakdown7
  • Like 1

I saw these listed over at AK.  I'd love to hear them.  Is the veneer mahogany?

Yes, the finish is Ribbon Mahogany.  I forgot to list that in the description. It is beautiful in person.  If you are local here in north Florida, send me a PM to set up an audition  :)

I saw these listed over at AK.  I'd love to hear them.  Is the veneer mahogany?

Yes, the finish is Ribbon Mahogany.  I forgot to list that in the description. It is beautiful in person.  If you are local here in north Florida, send me a PM to set up an audition  :)
what part of North Florida are you in?

• 5 months later...