Cornwall b3 crossovers worth?

totalcomfort

Have a pair of b3 Cornwall xover, working fine when taken out just wanted to freshen up my Cornwalls with Bob Crites crossovers. Thinking about selling them, what would a fair price be?

How about 100.00 and chip in 10.00 for shipping I will pay the rest, these suckers are heavy. Here is a pic of bothattachicon.gifimage.jpg

did you buy a new b3 set from Bob -  how does the new set  sound like in comparison -

you see at 110 $ plus the new caps kit and labour , shipping costs - new ones are a no brainer -

See your point probably just keep them, always building something maybe I can use them for a new project?

As far as the sound I could hear a difference, mainly in the mids, but was that due to older caps vs new better caps?

Or was that due to a better design? Don't know but to me was worth the money. Feel like I got the snap back in them when I installed the Crites xovers.

See your point probably just keep them, always building something maybe I can use them for a new project?

As far as the sound I could hear a difference, mainly in the mids, but was that due to older caps vs new better caps?

Or was that due to a better design? Don't know but to me was worth the money. Feel like I got the snap back in them when I installed the Crites xovers.

these crossovers being 30 years old - the caps just dont deliver that crisp open sound -it is a bit like being muffled , then with the new units  ,like  lifting a veil off of them -

-you need new caps in the old crossovers for sure -plus the all new hardware from Bob is undeniably better also -better insulated wiring and better shielding in the transformers -

-pm me if you ever want to sell these -

• Like 1