HDMI cable for inwall use?

The Dude

Well if anyone wants to know, i ended up going cat6 over hdmi. It worked out great and no complaints as of lately. I decided to try it in my basement the only thing i notice so far is a slight delay in the video signal to the tv, but that could be due to the receiver

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That's good to know.

I ran two HDMI's across the room so if I ever had any issues, I'd have a backup in place.  That said, I also ran four runs of Cat-6 to the same locations so if the second HDMI crapped out, I'd have a chance to make something else work without having to have wires across the floor or break drywall.

Wife thought I was nuts.

Today, the two HDMI come in handy since I don't have a HT unit that will switch HDMI inputs.  I have one to my DTV and the other to my blueray player.

Now, the wife wants me to move everything out of this room and finish the garage.....

• Like 1

That's good to know.

I ran two HDMI's across the room so if I ever had any issues, I'd have a backup in place.  That said, I also ran four runs of Cat-6 to the same locations so if the second HDMI crapped out, I'd have a chance to make something else work without having to have wires across the floor or break drywall.

Wife thought I was nuts.

Today, the two HDMI come in handy since I don't have a HT unit that will switch HDMI inputs.  I have one to my DTV and the other to my blueray player.

Now, the wife wants me to move everything out of this room and finish the garage.....

Better to be prepared then left wondering how you are going to pull the cables. Now its time to over engineer the garage...LOL