FS Klipsch (CF3/4) Resin horns...

moray james

We may need Chief Bonehead himself to sort this out, Moray.  I have seen that XO number all over the place at 1000, 1400, 1500 and 1600 but as you said, something closer to a triple digit XO point makes infinitely more sense

The cut off will also have to do with the growth rate.  I believe the KLF horns are 703 indicating a 700hz cut off. What is the number for the CF3/4 horn?  That number should indicate cutoff.

I never heard that, but it makes perfect sense. 

Edit I lied, I did indeed see that before, but I forgot.  Mr. djk said in a separate post that the 703 was in the KLF's as you said, and he said it was also used in the CF-2, crossed as low a 700, just as you said.

I'm not sure I ever saw a model number like that on my CF-4 horns, but I wasn't really looking.  I'll so some research and see if I can find a model number referenced somewhere.  The horn is referred to by Klipsch as a 90(o) x 60(o) Tractrix® Horn.

The horn used in the KLF20/30 as a mid horn (K703) is actually a wide band horn and is used as a tweeter in the pro line up remember the wider the bandwidth of a horn the better the horn design. The horn in the CF2 is in the essentially the same horn but with a different mount for a one inch tweeter driver ths same used in a K79 tweeter. So as I have mentioned in the past a CF2 horn would make an excellent tweeter for a KLF20/30. I would build a new baffle with the tweeter just above the woofers and the mid horn up on top above the tweeter. In this way you have a loudspeaker (three way) where the dispersion and polar patterns match exactly at crossover between the mid and the hi.

Just an update Moray, I put my K-63-KN drivers on Craigslist.

http://parkersburg.craigslist.org/ele/5192619968.html

I did it so your horns would get noticed in a national CL search, which I cross referenced to your Klipsch Garage Sale ad.  I also wanted to experiment a bit on how well SearchTempest works.  My ad was not even picked up by SearchTempest for two days.

When it did, it found all the major key words, Klipsch, CF-3, CF-4 (I wasn't sure if it would pick up such short 4 digit words).  I wondered about your ad because you listed the horn as fitting the CF-3/4, and I wasn't sure a search engine would find that particular combination.

If anyone searches now, they should find my CL listing for the CD's, and by extension, your horns.

Edited by wvu80

• 3 weeks later...

I just completed a national search on "Klipsch CF-4" and it returned my CL listing and another listing in Tampa Bay.  That got me to thinking about your FS ad, Moray.  Do you have other CF-4 parts for sale?

I could probably use a pair of grills, but I like the look of the CF-4's naked.  :wub:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...