Center Channel Question

busht4169

Hey all!  So most of you veterans know I recently got a pair of RP-280F's, a R-115SW, and the RP-160 bookshelf surrounds.

My question is - I am currently using an RC-62 II Center, and it works just fine.  But, would I be better off using the new RP-450C?  Would there be that much of a difference?  

I have the understanding that one should match when/wherever we can, but to my knowledge, there really isn't anything wrong with the RC-62II.  

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

I am using the RC-3 II as a center and even running a pair of RC-3 II's as mains to match it with a pair of RS-3 II's as surrounds. Okay, not the same but similar in sound I am guessing. I would think the center you are using would work very well with the 280's. No need to upgrade unless you really want to and funds are available.

On the other hand, upgraditus is a disease and affects most of us...

I am using the RC-3 II as a center and even running a pair of RC-3 II's as mains to match it with a pair of RS-3 II's as surrounds. Okay, not the same but similar in sound I am guessing. I would think the center you are using would work very well with the 280's. No need to upgrade unless you really want to and funds are available.

On the other hand, upgraditus is a disease and affects most of us...

You understand my dilemma.  There is a little devil on my left shoulder saying "Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade."  And there is a little angel on my right shoulder saying the same darn thing!!!!  

• Like 2

The rp 450c will be a little more warmer but it is matched to rp280s.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

If I may ask, please elaborate.
Well for me i have the rp 440c and it sounds graet . Clear and crisp. But it is warmer than the rf 62 ii ihad and the rc 25 i had . Suppose to make less fatiguing if you watch movies a lot or tv so onand so on. Personaly i think they hit on the head . Deatail is still their .smooth panning effect and still dynamic. I say go for the 450c . I think it looks better (classy) laying the long way sounds great i would assume like i said i have the 440c and no regrets.

• Like 1

Well for me i have the rp 440c and it sounds graet . Clear and crisp. But it is warmer than the rf 62 ii ihad and the rc 25 i had . Suppose to make less fatiguing if you watch movies a lot or tv so onand so on. Personaly i think they hit on the head . Deatail is still their .smooth panning effect and still dynamic. I say go for the 450c . I think it looks better (classy) laying the long way sounds great i would assume like i said i have the 440c and no regrets.

Four is better than two.  In my world anyway.  

Four is better than two. In my world anyway.
What i would like to no is how is the subwoofer r15 sw . I see its on sale for 719.00 and i havent made my mind ip i want that or svs.

What i would like to no is how is the subwoofer r15 sw . I see its on sale for 719.00 and i havent made my mind ip i want that or svs.

I can help you with that.  What do you use now?

I can help you with that. What do you use now?
I had the 10 inch of that model but sent it back. And i have not decided yet.

I can help you with that. What do you use now?
I had the 10 inch of that model but sent it back. And i have not decided yet.

Well I will tell you this, it is far more powerful.  For the money, it will compete with subs much higher in price.  My old 12" Def Tech Supercube wasn't even close to this thing.  Not just in power, but clarity.  Klipsch claims 18Hz reponse, I have tested 16 Hz with no huffing and puffing.  It works well at both low volume, remaining present and full sounding, and at reference levels, it will blow your eardrums (not really).  I did have to tune out a peak at around 67Hz when in initial tuning, but that was easy.  

I use as a 2.1 as well and enjoy high quality vinyls including Metallica and AC/DC.  I recommend.

i am prolly one of the few that has owned both. and there is no question about it! KEEP YOUR RC-62ii!!!!

everyone on here that is guessing how it may sound is right. when they say it is warm and it will match your towers in timbre that is correct. HOWEVER the downside to that is why would you want a warm less detailed center where all the dialogue comes from? i have listened to them side by side and any day of the week i would take the 62. 4 is not always better than 2 either. my palladium spanks any of the 4 woofer models from klipsch. i know not a fair fight, just saying though.  :D

let me know if you have any more questions between the two models. 

• Like 2

i am prolly one of the few that has owned both. and there is no question about it! KEEP YOUR RC-62ii!!!!

everyone on here that is guessing how it may sound is right. when they say it is warm and it will match your towers in timbre that is correct. HOWEVER the downside to that is why would you want a warm less detailed center where all the dialogue comes from? i have listened to them side by side and any day of the week i would take the 62. 4 is not always better than 2 either. my palladium spanks any of the 4 woofer models from klipsch. i know not a fair fight, just saying though.  :D

let me know if you have any more questions between the two models. 

Thank you so much for the detailed answer.  Really gives me something to chew on.