Another newbie needing help ...

BobbyArcher

I’m starting to upgrade my home theater system and I need some help. I was given a NIB Klipsch Icon KC-25 center so I figured that I would build my home theater around it. I have a Yamaha RX-V671 with an old set of htib speakers that I am replacing. From what I’ve read I need to match the center with the front L & R … something about timbre matching? Can someone please tell me which bookshelf style speakers match the KC-25?

• Like 1

Like many you will most likely build your system in stages. The frequency responce of your centre is similar to the RC 42II. That being the case (if you wanted to go stand mount), you could probably consider the RB 61Is or RB 51IIs. With a small sub you would be pleased and both sound very nice and detailed. I'd lean towards the 61s if possible.

You could upgrade your centre down the road. I used to have a RC42II and quite liked it. Upgraded to a 62 this summer.

Lol ^^^^ that is was trying not to do for once.

Bobby, there are much better speakers out there. But at a higher cost. If you are 100% happy with that center then please just get the matching bookshelves and surrounds and be happy with it for a while. When I signed up for this forum I had no idea it would lead me down the road I took. But I have spent sooooo much money on speakers and other gear. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it all. But sometimes wish I had kept my first set of reference gear and just been happy with it. I was for so long till I got on here and others started telling me how much better the higher end stuff was.

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 3

Lol ^^^^ that is was trying not to do for once.

Bobby, there are much better speakers out there. But at a higher cost. If you are 100% happy with that center then please just get the matching bookshelves and surrounds and be happy with it for a while. When I signed up for this forum I had no idea it would lead me down the road I took. But I have spent sooooo much money on speakers and other gear. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it all. But sometimes wish I had kept my first set of reference gear and just been happy with it. I was for so long till I got on here and others started telling me how much better the higher end stuff was.

Yea but I'm sure the sounds coming from your basement is pretty spectacular :D

I started with a non-matching set up around a pair of KLF-30's and later found a killer deal on the KLF center and a pair of KLF-10's for surrounds. We lived with that initial set up for quite a while and were happy so fear not. (We did get 'happier' when we got sonically matched up, however!) The point is to get a good start and look for upgrade deals as you go.