Modding Synergy's for upgrade

rebuy

Yes I know, just that it's not the moment, in the last 2 years here in Argentine the dólar raise almost 100% so I'll wait for my next real upgrade :(

For the first option, the addition of an extra woffers/speakers that I already have, should be cheap and no so complicated, not sure if I'll need to do something extra with the crossover or buy a new one.

For point 2 I'm less confident of doing it.

• 1 year later...

I am in Australia, I have a pair of Klipsch F3's i recently upgraded the horn drivers.  Anyone else in Australia thinking of doing the same Here's what I did.

Got these drivers from

https://djcity.com.au/product/vonyx-ct60-compression-driver-titanium-60w/

And adapter plate had to get from USA

Here

https://prospeakerparts.com/products/2-pack-procraft-lhw-3-horn-adapter-female-1-3-8-18-tpi-threads?_pos=15&_sid=ae75410e2&_ss=r

Getting it to fit.

I used the horn as my template, texter, cardboard and drill to line up the holes I had to drill in the adapter plate.

If I can do it anyone can. My only advice is to use the drill to shave off the lip on the adapter plate where the screws will go in otherwise the head of the screw hits.

End result, the sound is extremely clear, still has all that original beautiful base without the fatiguing treble that a few of you have mentioned. Feel like a new speaker and will tie me over easily till I can afford the rf7iii 's

Thankyou to everyone else on this forum for your tips and advice.

Legends!