Good match for KLF-30 and KLF-C7 ? (Newbie question)

bek

Hello.

I'm trying to find surround speakers that match my KLF-30 and KLF-C7 speakers. Can anyone suggest rear surrounds? I'd prefer to stay in the Klipsch line, and I really the idea of those "dispersion" speakers that send sound around in a radius.

If I sound like a newbie, it's because I am. Smile.gif I really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi, Boa12. Thanks for the welcome!

I am using a Harman Kardon AVR-500 receiver. (Is that good or bad? Smile.gif)

I'm guessing at room dimensions, but I'd guess about 21 foot wide and maybe 30 foot long.

I also need a sub below $500... I'm thinking maybe the KSW-12...

bri, the closest timbre match wide type to the legends is the discontinued ksp s-6. you could try out some rs-3 & see how they sound. because of signif far away room placement, surround speaks will have some timbre mismatch no matter what.

if your receiver will or plan on adding rear center channel/speak(s), i wouldn't rule out directs like C7 or more klf towers either.

as for subs around that price, also take a look/listen to other brands. such as that from www.svsubwoofers.com ,paridigm & velodyne. better to be had for the price than the ksw imo.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

To be honest, I can't imagine springing for more KLF-30 towers. Wink.gif So expensive! I love 'em up front, but for something that only has occasional sound like the rears I want to get by with something less expensive. I'm trying to locate the S6 surrounds, but they're few and far between. Klipsch support recommended the Reference line of speakers for my surrounds. I think the model was something like RF3-II and RF-7 (might be a letter off, but you guys will probably know what model I'm talking about.)

The KLF 30's are very efficient and because of that you might look for some discontinued KSP S6 or even the new Reference S7's if more towers are not an option. I think that the S 7's would do well.

My KLF 10's work great as rears with my KLF 30's exspecially in 5 ch. stereo. I do also use a pair of KSF S5's for surrounds but I think that the towers are better in my room.

As for the sub, I think you should get as much sub as you can. The KSW 12 would be hard pressed to keep up with Legends for sure. Boa offers some solid advice with those subs but you may also want to look at an HSU VTF-3 ($850). If you really MUST stay unnder $500 then the HSU VTF-2 would be your best $450 spent unless SVS has something in that $$$ range and their design will work for you. If the design of the SVS sonatube works for you then I would go the SVS route for your sub. Take it from me, I have had a Velodyne HGS 12 and now a Paradigm PW 2200. both are very good subs but neither are enough. If only I got a Velodyne HGS 18 in the first place!

Godd luck!

Bek,

Can you wait for a couple weeks.

i have KLF20's and 3 KLF C7's. I am going to try and use the C7's for surrounds.

i have been working on my 2 Channel system. I have not played around with HT. Everything is still boxed up.

I will get them hooked up in the next week or two. I will let you know.

Danny

brian, if you want wdst type & new, though not the ideal timbre match, your best choice available would be RS-7. i believe some are using these or even rs-3 w/ a klf front array so maybe they can comment.

best for you would be to demo them at home. any local klipsch dealer should let u take some home to try.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

wide-dispersion surround technology

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

Wide Dispersion Surround Technology; allows the sound to be "sprayed" throught the room as HornEd explains it. Read about the RS-3 and RS-7 in the Products section.

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

PreAmp - ASL AQ2004DT

Amp - ASL Wave 8 mono blocks

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

Brian, try anything from the KG line. I find them to match well with KLF series.

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

------------

Mains: KLF 30

Rears: KG 5.5

Center: KLF-C7

Subs: (2) Antique wooden coffins with (3) 12" Advents in each

Receiver: HK AVR-80

DD Processor: HK ADP-303

DTS Processor: Rotel RDA 985

AudioControl Phase Coupled Activator Series Three