Wild and Crazy Pirate Radio

Wolfbane

A department store I used to work for that had a rather extensive mid-fi Audio Dept. had it's own pirate radio station for stereo demonstrations. The station ID went out every 20-minutes as mandated but the publisized 100 millewatt output was far from the truth, more like 10-watts if anything. SAWH (Swallen's Audio Western Hills) was on the air for about 10-years till new management took over the department that really didn't understand how the whole thing worked. That was about 1985.

I bought the H.H. Scott 830z Spectrum Analyzer from the setup for $85. Still works to this day.

Edited by Mighty Favog

Found this rather weird Pirate FM Radio Station here in Arizona. It's at 87.9 on the FM dial until I guess it suddenly is not.  ;)

Their call letters: KWFUCC.  B)

They apparently also have a streaming website: ww_w.KWFUCC.com Until I guess they suddenly do not.  :)

What part of Arizona?  I'll be retiring to Green Valley, South of Tucson then?

Found this rather weird Pirate FM Radio Station here in Arizona. It's at 87.9 on the FM dial until I guess it suddenly is not.  ;)

Their call letters: KWFUCC.  B)

They apparently also have a streaming website: ww_w.KWFUCC.com Until I guess they suddenly do not.  :)

What part of Arizona?  I'll be retiring to Green Valley, South of Tucson then?

I'm in eastern part of the Greater Phoenix area. Of course the website should be able to be picked up almost anywhere.