Help setting up sub properly

stringboi

Hey guys, hoping you can help me properly set up my system

This is my first HT build and I recently bought a Denon X1100w AVR a pair of RB 51-IIs and a RC 52-II center.  I just got my R-10SW and I'm having some concerns about setting it up properly.  I read to set the sub gain to middle of the road, and its Hz to max (using LFE input) to bypass the subs crossover.  I've set the sub to 80hz in the AVR and all is well....i get good bass and have used the Audyssey setup.  But two questions.  My Center and L/R speakers were set to 60hz in the AVR after setup, I know the L/R say they go to 57hz and the center goes to 67hz....should these both be set to 80 as well if the sub is taking over from there? 

Also, the subs auto-on doesnt seem to work.  If i put it on then change to auto it will stay on, but doesnt seem to want to kick on itself....even changing to a bass heavy music station.  Is there something I need to adjust on the sub or AVR.....should I just leave it on all the time?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Edited by stringboi

Seems to be a pretty common problem with a lot of Klipsch sub models. If I were you I would get a new one. New products should work as advertised.

As far as setup sounds like you have it right. I would change all speakers to 80hz. 5 1/4" woofers aren't gonna be real solid down around 50-60hz like a subwoofer will be

Also, the subs auto-on doesnt seem to work.

Try increasing the signal coming out of your receiver.  You'll need to turn the gain down on the amp to compensate and get it back to the proper level after you do

I will try that, I remember reading that elsewhere.....that would be the "subwoofer level" in the AVR correct?

Also, the subs auto-on doesnt seem to work.

Try increasing the signal coming out of your receiver.  You'll need to turn the gain down on the amp to compensate and get it back to the proper level after you do

I will try that, I remember reading that elsewhere.....that would be the "subwoofer level" in the AVR correct?

Yes.