Need some help from the virtual Brain Trust-Vaguely Electronics related

dbomberger

Getting ready to retire and move south for at least the winter, likely longer.

The movers informed me they "prefer" not moving my 24" color photo printer  It's actually 48 inches long. So it seems it will be riding in the back of the explorer with some of the stereo gear I "prefer" they not be responsible for.  Leaving from Omaha on the 28th.  I'll get down to Dodge City, Kansas the first night and likely Santa Rosa or Socorro, NM the next. Those two nights have the potential to be cold enough to freeze.  That would not be a good thing for the ink in the printer I believe (and I need to leave it in the printer).  

What options can anyone think of for running something in the vehicle for 6-8 hours during the night without being plugged into an electrical outlet or running the risk of immolating the Explorer? Won't need  to be toasty, just a few degrees above freezing.

I'm always amazed and the breadth of the knowledge on these boards (as well as the depth).  Any thoughts?

Edited by dbomberger

You could try one of these in the floorboard.  If I lived in a cold climate I'd have one in the vehicle anyway.  I have a similar one I've used for camping for many years.  Yes, they consume oxygen but very little and even a very small opening of a window will be more than adequate.  On minimum heat, it will easily last all night and be just adequate to prevent a freeze even in pretty extreme temps.

Dave

• Like 1

See http://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Hand-Warmers-Pairs-HWPP10/dp/B001CEMJRK

The price is right.  Just tape them to your printer after you activate them.  It says they're good for 7 Hours a whack.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1