<b>Cornwall shipping: Freight vs Vehicle pick-up.</b>

mike stehr

Howdy.

I'm in the process of making the last payment for the purchase of Jazman's '83 Cornwalls.

(The payment will be sent over the weekend of the 31st.)

Now I have figure out how I am going to get these Monsters from Antioch CA. to Spokane WA.

As far as anyone knows the best bang for the buck as far as shipping Vintage Klipsch, it would be within these Forums I would geuss.

I not to fond of having them shipped, but may be the only alternative.

(The thought of getting them with the drivers in the bottom of the cabinets is scary.)

I could drive down there to pick them up, but my little '80 Toyota truck has straight 9's across the odometer, and not sure if it's the 2nd or 3rd time.

My Celica is out of the question.

I'm trying to weigh the difference between maybe renting a SUV or minitruck for pick-up costwise, as opposed to shipping.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

I had my CW's shipped from Houston Tx area to here, just outside of Sacramento CA. Fed Ex Ground. They just made it under the Fed Ex max size limit. $51 apiece, and they arrived without a scratch. Not that cold sweat wasn't pouring during the 10 or so days they were enroute, but it worked out fine.

The guy I purchased them from totally surrounded each CW with 1" styrofoam. Then he boxed this EXTREMELY TIGHT, so there would be zero wobble. He then repeated the process, thus double boxing. The second or 'outer' box he wrapped completely, and very tightly with that shrink wrap plastic. They were like two CW sized rocks when I got them. Won't protect from side forklift impact, but then again, not much will. Good Luck!

------------------

Ed

You might consider putting them in boxes strapped on pallets and shipping via a company that specializes in less than trailer load shipments. Should get there in nice shape. And the price should not be too bad.

Darn right normal packing will not protect against a forklikft! I saw an operator put the forks of one right through the side of a custom built shipping container full of IBM equipment on its way into a computer show.

Hell yeah!

Insure then for new retail price and pray they get busted!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org