Audigon... Laurel IIX SET 300B Monoblocks

ShapeShifter

Mobile,

A very valid and important point. The previous ones with Ultimate Upgrades were listed at $1,300.00 obo. The pair I purchased with the Upgrades listed in a similar price range as these. Any party interested should negotiate based on the lack of those desired Upgrades. If they could be scored for $300 or less, would be a good buy.

BTW - been sharing mail with Les from the AA Forum. He swears that Tungsram E80CC's in the Buffer/Cathode Follower slots yield excellent results in the Cary SLP-94. Any thoughts or experience on that recommendation?

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-25-2002 at 09:36 AM

Les is an interesting chap and has been really happy with his Cary SLP-94. We have traded many an email in the past. He has had good luck with various NOS subs within his 94, a unit he has had for the last year or so. Unfortunately, the E80CC is not always considered something you can sub for a 12AU7. At the least, I might give it a go if you find a pair of these. I remember reading about this tube in the past. Seems Philips made a good many for various manufacturers including Telefunken, but Tungsram DID actually make their own which is probably much better than the Philips alternative (this is one brand of tube that I have liked les(s) than more on the whole). Give it a go but realize it is not exactly a 12AU7 but might sound good (it takes less voltage, however).

Also, I have had great luck with various Tungsram offerings as well, including some excellent Tungsram EL-84 that are some of the best I have owned.

kh

ps- Hey Dean, Les the Mess fooled you into thinking he knows sound? heh.... he DOES know living in cramped quarters as the loon inhabited a sub days gone by. Ask him about it btw, Les finally sold his LaScalas and is now in the "normal" speaker camp still powered by his Laurels.

Phono Linn Sondek LP-12 Valhalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

Links system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 08-26-2002 at 05:32 AM

deang...Yes!

mobile Thanks!

Only plan to try them in the Buffer slots. None of the retailers I contacted have Tungsram or Volvo E80CC/6085's in stock. These are the only brands I'm presently persuing. The only individual I've seen offer the Tungsram's is in Budapest, Hungary. He hasn't listed any in the last 2-3 weeks. The Volvo's are just as elusive as the Tungsram.

Yes, Les is quite a character. But he's very passionate about his audio. Few weeks ago he informed me he had purchased a pair of European speakers. I think from Holland. He was waiting for them to clear customs in Georgia. He certainly loves his SLP-94 and Laurel IIX Monoblocks with Ultimate Upgrades.

Hopefully, the Hungarian lad will have another offering in the coming weeks.

Again Thanks,

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-26-2002 at 06:00 AM