R-112SW and Sound Isolation

G1Dinobot

Good evening,

I am brandy new to these forums and the AV world in general.  So please be kind.

I recently purchased an R-112SW sub from my local retailer.  I upgrade from a 10 inch sub that simply didn't satisfy.  This sub rattles the walls, the tea cups in kitchen, and my wife's clothes hangers in on the other side of the house.  The sub sits flat on hardwood floors.  So when the sub hits those low notes the whole house shakes.  I came across an accessory on the SVS site titled Subwoofer Isolation System.  Essentially, they are screw in feet that isolate the sub's rumble from the floor.  Has anyone here have any experience with these products or anything like it?  Also, if I decide to screw something into the bottom of this sub does anyone know if there are screw holes hidden between the little rubber pads that come with the sub.  I didn't want to start picking at them if there is someone else out there who has already done this.

Thank you for your responses.

The principal behind a platform or feet for a sub is to decouple it from the surface.  This means less energy going to the one surface.  Will it stop all the things from shaking in the house, not likely.  Bass waves are long for example., some are 60-100 ft .  The waves will travel thru floors, door, wall and you if it is strong enough.  Just turn the sub down when the wife is home.

My subs are on platforms/risers and I have broken vases, knocked pictures off the wall, and even a mounted shelf upstair.  Deep bass can crack drywall, lol.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information.  I looked over part of the forum thread over at AVS.  It seems it's a debate between mechanical energy isolation vs pressure waves.  I think, for the time being, I'm going to let the room shake regardless of where the energy is coming from.  I just hope I don't crack any drywall. :)