Classic Ebay Liar !

NOSValves

This link is to complete ebey liar. The listing say's this amp has been completely gone thru by a technician !! I guess he must mean the technician turned it on and it worked so it must be good to go ! The amp is absolutely beautiful but there isn't one part replaced under the chassis.

Linkage

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Thanks for the heads-up Craig. I have this as an item I'm watching...I guess I make the assumption that anyone selling on Ebay is capable of either being a liar or not being informed enough themselves. Maybe the tech went through it and gave him an estimate that he can refuse.

------------------

Andy

78 Khorns (20' apart!)

Audire Difet 3 Preamp

Adcom GFA 535 II

NAD 4130 Tuner

Marantz CD 63SE

Pioneer DV 434s>c>

Andy,

I'm sure that the unit works fine. Its just that he makes it sound like a Tech has worked on it and its obvious that there isn't one part thats been touched. Just seems very unlikely that the tech did anything more than just fire it up and say okay she's fine. Anyone that works on scott's knows that after 40 years at the very least they should be recapped and the Selenium rectifier replaced. Which isn't but $30 dollars in parts just to be sure it doesn't take a dump a month later. The way that ad is stated some pour unsuspecting sucker could buy it and let her ripp leave for the store come back a hour later to a smoldering pile of junk !

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Jeez, you guys are a rough crowd. Both of those things look pretty good to me, and I see the part about not having a single part replaced as a positive, not a negative. At least it isn't butchered up by some goofball.

The other guy adds 12+12 and gets 30, who cares? I'm not hiring him to teach math.

Craig, what do think it would cost to re-cap that Scott? That thing looks pretty nice. Do you know of anybody in the Phoenix area that could do it without butchering it up?

Tom

Tom Mobley,

Its not that there not nice units and the 200 that Clipped listed is represented well if you ask me except for omitting the face plate pictures. The 30 Watts is the spec on that amp. That is Peak output RMS is 12 Watts per channel not a uncommon Spec. I don't care for the 200 series its a funky economy setup. The 299 is a nice looking unit I just don't like these sellers that say gone over by a tech and then nothing has been touched !!! Its Bullsh!t !

But any way if all that is required or wanted is a recapp and a new Selenium rectifier the cost would be about $125.00 plus return shipping. You could buy it and have the seller ship it to me. This is what Edster did. It is a beautiful unit. I bet it ends up going for $250 or more with it listed as in perfect working order gone over by a Tech.

Oh I don't know if anyone is out your way or not that does this.

Craig