Classic Klipsh Speakers

Keer1GL

I have a set of classic Klipsch speakers from the 70s, or earlier. There is no model or serial number on enclosure. Cabinets are black and in fair condition. Original fabric from speaker front has been replaced. Enclosure is 21.5 " high , 15.5" wide, and 13.24" deep. Woofer is 10" with horn mid-range and tweeter. I'd like to know what model they are and would be willing to sell.

Klipsch

Well I'm not sure how things work here.  I uploaded the picture to a Keer1GL gallery and used the "My Media" button to try to make the image available.  Hopefully you can either see the image here or in the gallery.   I'd like to know if there is a better to make the image available. 

Right you are the serial numbers are 84T227 and 84T228.  227 also has MK  J stamped onto it.  I just tired to find something to interpret the code, but as far as got was that they were manufacture in '79.   I'm moving in the next few weeks and don't really want to take them with me.  I'd like to give someone who would appreciate them a good deal.   I should let you know they been in my attic for about 15 years.  They sounded great when they went up there, but I'm not going to wire them up for a while until they get acclimated.  I also have a newer (relatively) Sony STR-DH500 AV receiver, a 5 speaker Polk Audio set, a Pioneer CT-S507R cassette deck, a Onkyo CP1116 turntable, and a older Pioneer VSX-454 Dolby Pro_Logic Receiver.  I got the impression from one of your other post that you might have a shop.  I'm having a little bit of a hard time determining the worth of the speakers, so I'll say $400.  

Definitely H1's.

What's the finish like? $400 may be reasonable, but cabinet condition would be needed to be determined.

If the cabs are in good shape, then $325 would be a nice price for the pair. The black ones sell for a little less, and yours are missing the original grille fabric, the logos, and the labels on the back. There are plenty of forum members in your area. If you take plenty of pics and post them as above, you should get a bite very quickly. Most folks here would love them like they were their children. 

If you are selling on craigslist or ebay, then add some for the risk and inconvenience. You would list them simply as Klipsch Heresy 1979. These pretty rough Heresy's sold for $325 for 3 of them plus $30.37 shipping. These black ones which were slightly modified and are black sold for $310.69 plus $40.31 shipping.

edit: The black ones weren't sold it turns out. The buyer didn't pay and they were re-listed. I am looking for that listing...

second edit: They did sell for 321.69 plus 40.31. The listing was the relist.

Edited by mustang guy