My HT died

t-man

My Denon died yesterday. It won't power up and I went so far as to check and change all my speaker wire terminals. I eventually disconnected everything, reset the microprocessor (that works), but it still won't fully power up.

The local Denon service centers won't fix it for me unless I purchased it from them. What kind of crap is that? It's still under warantee and was purchased from an authorized dealer. I don't want to risk having it shipped all over the place and wanted to just take it in and pick it up somewhere. I guess service centers aren't in the business of warrantee repair anymore. I'm rather pissed, since Denon told me to take it there in the first place.

Looks like I have to take it back to Sears to let them damage it further with shipping and such. What a pain!! I guess I'll be Klipschless as well for a couple months now until it gets fixed. I'm sure it's just a fuse or something.

t-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Crest LA601 sub amp

Denon AVR 681/1601

Sorry to hear this, this happened to me too, my Harman Kardon AVR 125 died, it would turn on, but no display came on and no output. I just returned it for a new one, even after the 30 day no refund policy. How long has it been since you bought it? If it's under warrantee, just take it back and ask for a new one, I'm sure Sears is really good about this. If that can't happen, tell Denon to call the Denon authorized retailer, and have Denon make them fix it. If they told you to go there, that store should be responsible to fix it, hell they probably get paid from Denon, why not fix it? Don't settle, and don't give them any le-way (sp?), you paid enough for the receiver, make them give you a new one, or fix it!

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Sony VCR SLV-N77c>

What a bummer T. I hope that you get treated right on that warranty. Denon is a highly respectable company, you should be ok. I would think twice about UPS ground if you have to ship that unit. My last experience with them was a nightmare. I bought a KLF 10 to convert into a center channel. When it arrived basically it was demolished from the carrier.

Monty R

------------------

Klipsch 5.2 mains

Klipsch 4.2 rears

Klipsch KLF 10 Horned converted center channel

Mitsubishi 55" HD widescreen tv

Toshiba pro scan DVD audio player

Sony Hi-Fi VCR player

Harman Kardon AVR 65 receiver

Well, after 30 minutes of trying to explain myself to the undertrained employee at Sears, they finally agreed to fix it under warrantee. I may even get it back by 9/5/02. That would be OK. I also made him put a statement in his computer that the unit was MINT (appearance) when he accepted it into his posession.

I better get it back in time to watch Monsters Inc, when it releases on DVD next month.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KLF-C7 (center)

KG 1 (rears)

SVS 20-39CS+ (sub)

Aura Bass Shakers (pair)

Crest LA601 sub amp

Denon AVR 681/1601

Was it the 1601?

Thats an older receiver, what did you tell them to get it covered under warranty?

In case I ever need to use the same reason.

------------------

Mains: KLF 10's

Center: RC-3 (I know--doesn't match mains)

Surrounds: Quintets

Receiver: Denon 3802

DVD: Denon DVD-900

TV: Sony 36XBR400

VCR: Mitsubishi HS-U48

LaserDisc: Pioneer D605

MIT T2 and T3cables throughout

t-man,

If you ever have that problem again send it yourself to electroservices.com. They are an authorized Denon service center.

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

SVS 25-31 CS: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

Sub amp: Onkyo M-5000

-------------------------