Bottlehead Reduction Phono Preamp w/ Integration Upgrade and Blumenstein Bamboo Base

tlarwa

SOLD

Well built tubed phono preamp for MM cartridges. 36dB gain standard, increased to 40dB with the Integration upgrade. The upgrade also adds increased dynamics, more quiet background, better bass control, more gain and a sense of better frequency extension, per Bottlehead. This design uses 6DJ8/6922 tubes, which make it a really quiet preamp. I use it with my 95dB Omegas, and it is quiet. The stock tubes are included, as well as the tube shields (which aren't shown). The base is natural bamboo, made by Blumenstein Audio. It is an excellent looking base, and really sets it apart from the stock base that ships standard. The top plate is finished in a copper color. I'm looking for $500 + shipping. The preamp kit, Integration kit and Blumenstein base total $700. This one is well-built for way less than that! If you're looking for a great sounding, quiet tube phono preamp, this is the one. I'm selling my second turntable set-up, which also includes my minty AR XB, as I don't use it enough to justify it. No issues at all.

I'm also selling my AR XB table ... see separate listing.

Edited by tlarwa

Well built tubed phono preamp for MM cartridges. 36dB gain standard, increased to 40dB with the Integration upgrade. The upgrade also adds increased dynamics, more quiet background, better bass control, more gain and a sense of better frequency extension, per Bottlehead. This design uses 6DJ8/6922 tubes, which make it a really quiet preamp. I use it with my 95dB Omegas, and it is quiet. The stock tubes are included, as well as the tube shields (which aren't shown). The base is natural bamboo, made by Blumenstein Audio. It is an excellent looking base, and really sets it apart from the stock base that ships standard. The top plate is finished in a copper color. I'm looking for $500 + shipping. The preamp kit, Integration kit and Blumenstein base total $700. This one is well-built for way less than that! If you're looking for a great sounding, quiet tube phono preamp, this is the one. I'm selling my second turntable set-up, which also includes my minty AR XB, as I don't use it enough to justify it. No issues at all.

I'm also selling my AR XB table ... see separate listing.