Cancelled the Kohls account.........

oscarsear

It's like the local phone company around here. The was a local payment center for years, and I went there and paid cash. Nearby and convienient.

Then they closed the payment center down.

So I either have to pay online or over the phone. (not too sure if I can pay over the phone, actually) Okay no big deal, pay online...went ahead to do that, and they have a $3.70 "convienience fee" for paying online. That's not convienient, that's bullshit.

I tried paying directly through my account to avoid the fee. It worked...no it didn't work... They claimed they took the money out of the account, and then returned it, claiming the account was closed, charging a 25 dollar penalty fee. I asked my bank if they had taken out and returned money in my account, and they said there no record of the phone company having any transactions with the account.

I called the phone customer service to clear up the situation, and was basically stonewalled by some rude employee...so I got rude back...

At the time, I didn't have the extra 25 bucks to pay the penalty fee until the next month. Big mistake, I got another penalty fee for 15 bucks for late payment of the original penalty fee!

Then they were stupid enough to email a customer service survey the next day after all this had transpired. I told them thanks for jacking me for 25 bucks! F-!

Customer service is raping America broke

• Like 1

Well, if we're griping..........................

I have AT&T internet at home.  For a while I had an issue with it not connecting or connecting and dropping.  It was basically unusable.  I called cust service and scheduled a service visit.  They said if the problem was in my house wiring there would be a fee otherwise they'd take care of it with no cost to me.  Service man comes out, finds a bad modem, replaces it and writes no charge on the invoice.  Great!  Internet never worked better.  Next billing statement I got there was a $10.00 equipment charge on it that I never saw before so I called them back.  After 15 minutes of music I got someone to help me.  She apologized and issued a $10.00 credit.  Ahhh, great customer service.  Next months bill, the charge was back.  Called again and went through 2 people till I got to a supervisor.  She said that the new modem comes with a $10.00 fee.  I told them I didn't request a new modem but they installed one and said there would be no charge.  She said, no charge for the visit but $10.00 a month for the new modem.  We went round and around for a bout 10 minutes with me arguing that I wasn't told of the fee and never asked for the new modem and that the old modem didn't have a fee associated with it.  She credited me the rest of my contracts worth of $10.00 charges but said the statements after that would reflect the $10.00/mo.  I said fine, that will give me enough time to shop for a new provider.  I've had AT&T since the dial up days and even had a separate line for the internet modem so we could use the phone and internet at the same time.  They could care less.