Klipsch rp-280fa questions

Fracchia23

Hi guys,im here for asking you a thing about the rp 280fa...

The 2 atmos speakers of the FA sounds good or is better buy 2 ceiling speakers for ambient sounds?

Im asking this because i have to decide what to do, if buy rp280f and 2 ceiling speakers or buy the rp280fa and no other speakers for the atmos sounds...

Please help me .... Ciao ciao from Italy :-)

for my setup I bought two RP-280FA's for the front and two CDT-5800-C-II's to go into the ceiling behind the couch.

Okay and my question is: have you ever try to disconnect the 2 behind you leaving just the FA on ??? Have you heard some Atmos sounds???

The ceiling speakers are more aggressive and direct, especially up high.  It's cool on some effects like flyovers but annoying on others where there is sustained high frequency effects.  I'm about to swap my CDT-5800's out for the pro's with the soft dome tweeters due to this.  

If you only put two ceiling speakers in, make sure you get them out in front of you a little.  The Dolby speaker layout recommendations are a little misleading.  Don't put them straight up.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

As mentioned on the other thread, I'd go with the RP-280-FA, especially considering the promotion going on right now, just a killer deal on the walnut ones.  I've had those on hand before, they are gorgeous.  The veneer alone makes it worth going in that direction, way nicer than the normal ones.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

How high are your ceilings and how far back will you sit from your speakers?   These would be factors in how well the RP-280FA's would perform against the in-ceiling models.  

i ll be seating 3 metres from speakers.... and the ceiling will be 2,70metres high