How effective is an inceiling speakers?

stygz

I am getting some light pressure that my RF 62's take up space in the living room. Currently I am using Klipsch CTD 5650's for surrounds. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a full five channel set up in the ceiling? How effective is a total inceiling system? Not sure if I would pick up 3 more 5650"s or what. It is nice I can angle the tweeter. I have a single PC2000 for a sub. 

• Moderators

The only time I've heard a complete in-ceiling setup was during the "Parade of Homes" in a high end home.  Honestly, I was not impressed in the least.  The main problem I had was it was very unnatural for the sound from what I was seeing on the screen in front of me was coming down from above me.  I can maybe see how in-ceilings could work for surrounds but IMO, definitely not for your front soundstage.  In-Walls would work better for the front but I believe this would be a significant compromise to what you have now.

I am getting some light pressure that my RF 62's take up space in the living room. Currently I am using Klipsch CTD 5650's for surrounds. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a full five channel set up in the ceiling? How effective is a total inceiling system? Not sure if I would pick up 3 more 5650"s or what. It is nice I can angle the tweeter. I have a single PC2000 for a sub. 

Define "light pressure", and is it worth it to compromise your existing sound? I would never go in-ceilings, especially to replace a perfectly good set of floorstanders.

Edited by robbiey60