K-horn question

JCturboT

JCturboT,

I'm sure members of the "Raider Nation" would love to have the Pats prove that playoff win enroute to the Super Bowl with their next meeting. I did however pull for the Pats over the Rams in the Super Bowl not just because I'm not a Ram fan, but to end the years of suffering in the New England area. It's going to be an interesting season.

Klipsch out.

There isn't ONE PIECE of 1/2" plywood used in a LaScala...is ALL 3/4" plywood (except for the "splitter in the bass bin...it is cut outta solid wood). The Belles are made from 3/4" parts too, but I believe the finely veneered parts are veneered MDF nowadays...as is the front panel of the k-horn bass bin...most of the rest of the k-horn bass bin is either 1'2" or 3/8" plywood...with some parts made from 3/4" plywood...and some of the reinforcing blocks in it are solid wood(ie, in the ")wings" and such). The Heresy is made from veneered 3/4" MDF nowadays(sides, top and bottom)...(used to be either 3/4" plywood or veneered 3/4" lumbercore...with the backs out of either 1/2" or 3/8" plywood, and the fronts out of 3/4" plywood).

Changeover to MDF (for fine veneer substrate), as noted above, came about sometime around 1985 or later.

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 09-12-2002 at 03:54 PM