New to Klipsch. Need help

derekjmaddox

So I joined last night and need some more info on some speakers I got. My friend's husband passed, and through a long court battle, she was given about a month to clear out their 9 bedroom house. She had an estate sale, and was giving stuff away for waaayyyy too low. She told me to "just take what I want". I took all of this stuff with the intention of selling it for her and giving her the money back as a surprise. Got some receivers (pioneer elite series 7.1), a Yamaha older one, a powered sub. They had a pretty awesome home theater. She also let me take some tower speakers and desk speakers. I got 2 forte-II's in the dark finish, and a pair of kg-5 desk speakers in black as well. No torn surrounds on anything, and for being as old as they seem to be, they are in surprisingly good condition. I hooked the forte's up and they sound great. I would keep them, but they are way too big for our townhome. I'm working on posting some pictures (gotta figure out how to get them in here), but I'm trying to figure out how much I should take for these. I don't want to screw anyone, but don't want to give them away either. One of the kg-5s has some scratches on the bottom, and one of the forte's looks like something hit the bottom corner and took out a chunk. But beyond those, they're actually pretty clean. I figured you guys were the best option. I've seen prices from $250 all the way to a set for sale here on CL for a grand. I live in Phoenix if any of you are interested in them. I know he was one to pay good money for quality stuff, so I would like them to go to someone who will appreciate them. I'm working on getting pics. Is there anything I should pay extra attention to on these?

Looks like the fortes have the upgraded titanium tweeters as well, which can bring a little more.

Value is really what someone is willing to pay. These prices vary widely.

I don't think you'd have an issue getting $600 or more for the fortes.

Like a lot of people here though, I'd recommend keeping those fortes. They are some of the best Klipsch made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would love to keep them, I just don't have space for these. They're big, and I have a 1300sq ft town home with no garage. From what I've read, then need room behind them to breathe, and my living room is only 11' across. Plus the entertainment center and the couch. They're hooked up right now and definitely a hassle. Plus the neighbors wouldn't like it.

What you will get out of them has a lot to do with location, condition and how long you're willing to wait. Prices can swing both ways and each way is the exception. As was mentioned, keeping the Forte II is what you or your friend should do, event if there's no use for them today. The Forte ii will be worth between $400 to $700 going from scratched and banged to mint...and their location. 

GLWS

• Like 2

I mean I'm willing to ship at buyers expense obviously, and I am going to LA on the 4th if anyone is interested.... ;)

Shipping will, usually, put the price out of reach for a good deal. Posting your travels will help you if someone is interested. 

How much are you willing to let them go?

Any pictures of the tops?