65 Inch TV for Blu-rays and DVD

Zen Traveler

I apprecaite everyone's help on this. I've been doing research and unfortuantely the TV I want is considerably over-budget. :mellow:

If I'm to believe the rting's results it seems the Samsung UN65KS8000 is the one to get for our needs, in particular upscaling DVDs. The Vizios don't seem to do this material as well and we have a ton of concerts we still watch, let alone movies...Btw, are there some blu ray players that does DVD better than others and could that help make the video better on the Vizio?

Right now we have a small plasma Panasonic  P42S60 that we sit 10' away from and right now don't feel like spending that kind of money ($2300) so I may wait for the right deal at just the right time. Another consideration is possibly dropping down to a 60" set and will research that as well.

Edited by Zen Traveler

The site for TV reviews that gets it exactly right: http://www.rtings.com/tv

Nice reference and link.  I've seen that before when doing my research and I also found the site invaluable.  My only criticism of the site is that it is limited in the brands it reviews.  For instance the #1 brand in China is Hisense and is the low price leader and none of their models are reviewed.

Regarding reviews in general, I am skeptical of 90% of what I see on Amazon and I don't believe ANYTHING I see on a Walmart site review.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1