Help With Lutron Spacer, Lutron Maestro and Harmony One

Youthman

• Moderators

Before the renovation of the theater room, I only had a Lutron Maestro.  It controlled the 6 can lights in the ceiling.

With the rebuild of the front wall, I now have the following:

Lutron Spacer SPS-5WCR Master Controller - On wall as you enter the room
Lutron SPS-600 Dimmer - (4) Front & Center Can Lights in ceiling
Lutron SPS-600 Dimmer - (2) Rear Can Lights in Ceiling
Lutron SPS-600 Dimmer - (3) Lights in Arch
Lutron SPS-600M Dimmer - Blue LED around screen
Lutron Maestro Dimmer - 3 Blue Outdoor Lights behind screen for "Reveal" of Speakers through screen

The issue I'm having is if I hit "All On" on my harmony, it turns on the "Reveal" speakers, then if I hit Scene 1 - 4, it changes the lighting BUT it keeps the "Reveal" speakers on.  The only time I want the "Reveal" speakers on is when I'm wanting to show the speakers through the screen instead of having to lift up the screen.

I can flip through the 4 scenes on the spacer and the reveal lights remain on.   If I hit "All Off" on the Spacer, it turns all lights off including the "Reveal" lights.

On the Harmony One, I have a Lutron Spacer and a Lutron Lighting button.  I guess I was thinking the Maestro had different codes than the Spacer but maybe not.

Just seeking advice from guys familiar with lighting and scenes on how I can accomplish this.

Below are some photos for reference

Can Lights in Celing.  There are (4) up front on one dimmer and the back two over the rear seats are on a separate dimmer.

klipsch-lascala-trio-home-theater-build-

(3) Lights In Arch

Blue LED Light Around Screen

(3) Reveal Lights Behind Screen

Lutron Spacer SPS-5WCR Master Controller - On wall as you enter the room Lutron SPS-600 Dimmer - (4) Front & Center Can Lights in ceiling Lutron SPS-600 Dimmer - (2) Rear Can Lights in Ceiling Lutron SPS-600 Dimmer - (3) Lights in Arch Lutron SPS-600M Dimmer - Blue LED around screen Lutron Maestro Dimmer - 3 Blue Outdoor Lights behind screen for "Reveal" of Speakers through screen

Are each of the Lutrons set up as individual devices in the harmony software? You might need to delete the one set up as the reveal device in any activity (Scene 1 - 4) that you don't want them turned on.

Edited by Tasdom

• Moderators

No, I set them up as Lutron Spacer and Lutron Maestro in the Harmony.  I'll check the harmony settings to see if I see anything.  But keep in mind, when I hit "All On" on the Master Control Unit on the wall, it turns on all of the lights (including the reveal speakers) so I'm thinking it's not a Harmony issue.

Not sure if this is applicable but it might be custom programming that Logitech (Harmony) can provide.

I have the Harmony touchscreen remote and have 70" LED behind a Dalite Electrol screen. I wanted to end the Watch TV activity by having the screen roll down so the screen remains rolled down all the time, even when all devices are off. No matter what I did I couldn't achieve this. I emailed support and they added the customization to my Watch TV activity. I downloaded it to my remote and it works like a champ.

Another note, I bought my Harmony used off of eBay. They provided support for my request once but I got the impression that any future requests for customization would be fee-based.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I JUST GOT IT WORKING!  Wakejunkie and I talked over the phone and we came up with a solution.

The missing link was this....the Lutron Maestro has 1 Preset (Light1).  I turned the Reveal Lights off made that the "Light1" Preset. 

Since previously if I hit Scene 1 it would turn the Main Lights on AND the Reveal Lights, I created a Sequence (a macro) that says Scene 1 = Scene 1, then Light1 (to turn off the Reveal Lights.

It's pretty cool because when I hit a scene, you get a 3 sec glimpse of the speakers behind the screen, then it fades out.  I can live with that!

Wake also showed me in the Harmony where you can add custom buttons after an Activity is pressed.  So now when I hit "Watch a Movie", equipment powers on, lights come on and then the menu jumps to a page that has all of my Lighting Scenes right there for that "Activity". 

My wife is flying to Ohio this weekend for a Half Marathon.  Can't wait to have some theater tweaking time!

The last piece of the puzzle is to fix my LED not turning completely off with dimmer.