Blade II

the goods

I bought this DVD yesterday and the sound is outstanding! It has a DTSEs soundtrack that is killer. I don't even have the surround back speaker but even in DTS 5.1 it is one of the best sounding DVD's I have heard to date. I thought that it would have good sound but didn't expect it to be THAT good. This is definitely a demo disc to add to your collection.

------------------

the goods

I don't have the DVD but I did watch this movie in a movie theater, and yes, it did sound amazing. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Philips 36PW9525 (36" 16:9 Direct View)

A/V Receiver: (Still deciding)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

justin, it might help to watch Blade I first since there are a few flashback scenes in Blade II that relate to what happen in the first one if you are really into the storyline but I just like the action and Blade II has so much more and the DTS soundtrack is so much better than the Dolby Digital version on the first one.

------------------

the goods

justin_tx_16,

Go for Blade 1 before watching Blade 2. I thought 2 was better. It definately has better sound. The DTS-ES sound is exceptional. It sure is nice to see all these new movies coming out with THX-EX or DTS-ES sound. Really makes you happy you spent all that money on quality audio gear.

I liked them both but Blade 2 gets my vote for the better of the two. Can't wait for Blade 3

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Guest Webmaster

Blade II is a great action film. It's pure comic book based action. However, don't expect it to be a deep film at all.

I saw it in the theater originally and I just watched the dvd last night. I do agree with Dafishguy in that it is better than the first Blade, and for me, Del Toro (the director) is what made that movie so good. I love the visuals he comes up with in his movies. I do need to watch the movie with commentary now. I watched the deleted scenes with it and it was pretty funny. His introduction to the deleted scenes is hilarious!

Be sure to check out The Devil's Backbone if you want to see his best work. The visuals of the ghosts in that movie rule and it's just a really creepy movie. Note: it is a Spanish movie with English subtitles.

See Mimic too. The studio took the movie from him and edited the way they wanted which ruined it, but that movie does rule visually. That stuff seems to happens a lot to foreign and other directors making their first American movie.

He made an earlier vampire movie in 93 called Cronos that is supposed to be good too. I haven't found it yet though.