Need advice w.r.to upgrading my Klipsch WF-35's

Hi Experts,

I recently upgraded my receiver to an Onkyo TX-RZ900 which is no match for my existing Klipsch WF-35 fronts. I need to really increase the volume on my receiver to hear the details in the musical track..

Here are the key specs of the receiver :

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS

Power Output: 200 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 235 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)

Frequency Response: 5 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)

Question : Can you recommend me the best and next-to-best floor standing speakers from the Klipsch that can match the specs of the Onkyo receiver while allowing me to hear music at lower volumes with all the details..

Many Thanks in advance,

Matt

Welcome to the forum Matt,

Your WF 35's are 97dB. Sound and Vision tested your Onkyo Two channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads 0.1% distortion at 176.1 watts 1% distortion at 199.5 watts. Are you running your receiver in 2 ch mode? Direct / pure mode? Looks like your speakers can be bi-amped, is the binding post attached? You have a powerful receiver with very efficient speakers. As for speakers I really enjoy the Heritage line for music / movies and the reference line for movies / music.

Others with more experience than I should jump in shortly. Again welcome to the forum.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Mathewvarghese2001,

Welcome to the forum.

(oops, I see you are almost a year old)

Are you trying to fill a large room?

How large is that room?

The WF-35's are very nice but not designed for larger rooms.

Where are you located?

Bill

Edited by willland

200 watts @ 1kHz and 1% distortion doesn't really equate to a ton of power when compared to something rating at full bandwidth of 20Hz to 20kHz at the same, or less, distortion figures.  All that does is make it "appear" to have a lot of power.  

I was an Onkyo/Integra rep for 9 years (from 2000 to 2009) and I never liked how they, or other comparable companies, power rated their receivers.  It's similar to how they rate the power on the cheaper HTiB receivers.

Definitely a nice looking receiver and a venture away from the look of the last decade of their products.  

The more "normal" rating of power is on the last page of the owners manual....

Amplifier Section Rated Output Power (North American) With 8 ohm loads, both channels driven, from 20-20,000 Hz; rated 140 watts (TX-RZ900)/135 watts (TX-RZ800) per channel minimum RMS power, with no more than 0.08% total harmonic distortion from 250 milliwatts to rated output. Surround Mode Output Power (Ú) (6 ohms, 1 kHz THD 0.9%) 200 W (TX-RZ900)/185 W (TX-RZ800) per channel * Reference output for each speakers

Hi Loudogp250, Bill & Avguytx,

Many thanks for the welcome. Appreciate it.

To answer loudogp250's question, I have not "bi-amped" the speakers and the binding posts are still interconnecting the terminals. I will follow the directions to bi-amp over the weekend and let you all know of the difference.

To Bill's question on room size, the room dimensions in meters are as follows :

(wall to wall length =8.5 meters, wall to wall width=4meters & floor-to-ceiling height = 3.2 meters).

I am located in Singapore.

BTW, do you have any recommendation for an active/passive Klipsch SubWoofer for this setup ? My existing JBL Sub which was a few years old is dead.

Many Thanks,

Matt