WOW. I love this new platform!

6 minutes ago, mustang guy said:

What is web push?

Edit: Oh wait, they're just "Push Notifications". I think I've heard that term before.

When I'm in a different tab and I receive new content on here that I'm watching, Firefox puts up a very nice notification that comes up from the Notification Area down by the clock to tell me. If I click it, then it switches me to this tab and then I can go look at it. I also get to see an indicator right on the tab title itself.

If I'm already looking at this tab, then the only notification I see is the red circle up on the bell icon which is still nice since it comes up automatically without a page reload.

I didn't really know or care about this Web Push thing until now, so I don't know if it's available for other browsers.

I use Chrome, but I will look for that. I notice the bell notification icon is in the same place as the last forum software. You are saying there is a notification in firefox that alerts you of these notifications of you are in another tab. 

2 minutes ago, mustang guy said:

I use Chrome, but I will look for that. I notice the bell notification icon is in the same place as the last forum software. You are saying there is a notification in firefox that alerts you of these notifications of you are in another tab. 

Yeah, it's pretty neat. It reminds me of Outlook, but better. Well, the notification is prettier looking. lol Clicking it though just brings me to this tab. Still, I love it. I can be doing other things in other tabs and then when someone posts a reply to a thread I'm watching or sends me a PM, boom I get a perfectly-sized notification on the lower-right corner of my monitor, right above my clock. It's great!

The more and more I use this platform, the more and more I love it. Also, now that the indexing has reached a stage where most of the site is up to full speed, I'm loving it even more!

4 minutes ago, Fish said:

I thought the old one was fine,  I thought the original forum from 2000 was even finer.........

I think you'll grow to love this.

Besides, I'm sure @Chad can explain why this upgrade was performed. I would bet that it's kind of similar to getting a newer operating system: sometimes you have to.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TwoCables said:

Edit: Oh wait, they're just "Push Notifications". I think I've heard that term before.

When I'm in a different tab and I receive new content on here that I'm watching, Firefox puts up a very nice notification that comes up from the Notification Area down by the clock to tell me. If I click it, then it switches me to this tab and then I can go look at it. I also get to see an indicator right on the tab title itself.

If I'm already looking at this tab, then the only notification I see is the red circle up on the bell icon which is still nice since it comes up automatically without a page reload.

I didn't really know or care about this Web Push thing until now, so I don't know if it's available for other browsers.

OK, mine did it now. It seems like it's more Windows 10 since the notification pops up down by the speaker and time on the bottom right on the Windows desktop. Pretty cool!

• Chad locked this topic