In praise of our Klipsch "Tolkein" Female

HornEd

Ah, yes, we would be a far poorer Forum if we were without a Clu or even without her evil twin Less... Both are enchanting characters worthy of being Ladies of the Rings: Forum Femmes & Wiley Wenches.

Have you noticed that cluless roams the Forum and plants insightful, humorous and bizarre comments in almost every category?

While from time-to-time a stray pithy comment may pith off some testosterone laden audiophile hulk, the "clueless" subterfuge belies the sagacity of this uncommon lass. For, if she were a common lass, would she be a regular on this Forum. Nay not... for how many distaff regulars can this Forum boast?

Ah, yes, there IS the Mystery Guest... whose love of her life has joined the Klipsch minions... and SteveP is indeed an example of Forum Member to Klipsch Paycheck! And the one post by Mrs. fini was certainly well received. And, of course, Bev has contributed her timely posts. But, clearly, post after post has shown the WAF (Wife Approval Factor) is a big factor in the Klipsch buying decisions of many a household.

So what can we Forum folk say of a female who upgrades to a Ref7 system... and, yet, claims no audiophile expertise. She has gone out of her way to see that worthy Forum members have received their desires... whether DVD's or speakers... with little regard to personal profit.

As a person who bought his first monophonic Klipschorn nearly fifty years ago when somebody died and the estate did not recognize its value... even I can recognize the sprightly ways of the most sage cluless lass I have ever encountered. She, hides her brilliance under a bushel... lest we testosterone laden types engage her with our prejudice in less than wholesome ways.

In over a hundred thousand posts... I cannot recall a one that so laments the lack of participation of the sex that has so much to say about which toys us boys can safely indulge ourselves. As someone who is beyond the age and health required of ulterior motives toward such a young, vibrant lady... permit me to say, "Thank you, cluless, you have brought more to this Forum than most of us realize. May other of your sex find this Forum so that more of your sex may get beyond the Dark Ages of Bose... into the Renaissance of Klipsch.

I am hard pressed to believe that the Klipsch Forum cannot reach out and touch more females into posting their approach to a good time, Klipsch style! -HornED

PS: While I believe Carol is worthy of our appreciation as a person... how much we male types could benefit from more clues on how to build our systems to mutual satisfaction. The free spirited and moxie of cluless brings a fresh air to this Forum that begs other females to stand out and be counted! Sound is a joy that females are better equipped to enjoy by most standards. What say you Ladies of Klipsch?

This message has been edited by HornEd on 09-06-2002 at 10:00 AM

Man HornED, you're a hell of a writer.

I've noticed how varied Cluless's posts are and find them interesting and funny. I'm glad there are a few women that share our passion for Klipsch and audio in general.

I'm a regular at HTF and it's shocking how few women there are out of the +/- 28,000 current members.

I've tried to convert my wife to the obsession but it's not working. She definitely sees the quality of Klipsch, and especially SVS, but beyond that it's a lost cause. Oh well, at least she's tolerant of my constant stream of audio conversation.

Yep... Perfect wife would be someone like Clue... Would be nice to have a wife that took on the same interests as I.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Cluless is certainly one of my favorite posters. She wrote a VERY humorous poem to me in the DVD/Music forum, check it out Smile.gif

In short, Clu Rocks! Like RF-7's Wink.gif

HornED, quite the writer you are. Never read a post I did enjoy from either of you klipscers. Thanks for all of your contributions. May good sound, good ale, and good health be with you.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Uh-oh, I think I see that little monster turning blush red Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Right you are skonopa! So many of us have enjoyed the serendipity comments of ms. cluless that have brought so much to our Forum. Her timely quips and insightful prose bring an extra dimension to this Forum.

While she may shrink from the spotlight, she and her real cats, faux flamingos, and South Jersey poison ivy plantation bring distaff depth to our Forum that most posters cannot match. So, friends clu and less, thanks for all you have been... and thanks for all you might be. Any Forum with this much testosterone needs your balancing act, clu!

If, somehow, we Forum folk could attract more of your number, perhaps we could solve the negative WAF aspects that force diminished capacity upon so many HT systems. Relax, cluless, your contributions are well received... the world has been better served... and our appreciation has been honestly come by. May your continued participation bring you the Joy and Fulfillment that you so richly deserve. -ED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 09-06-2002 at 09:33 AM