Static coming from speakers all of a sudden.

AaronB123

1 hour ago, Scrappydue said:

Ill be the first to say if you want more bass which you need with la scalas then Svs ain't gonna do it. I've owned twin ultras. Which is 4000$ and I can tell you you won't gain much on output. A bit better sound quality down low I think. But if you want something bigger either go diy or look into some

serious subwoofers competitors. I'd look into JTR subs. Cap 1400 is ported 18. All depends on budget really. But like I said the 15's have descent output for what they are. Hard to

beat for the money really. Only way for more is bigger woofers with higher power amplifiers. 

Thank you, it's a good thing you mentioned that because that's actually the ones I was looking into. As far as this sub goes I was wrong that solution didn't fix it, shortly after I posted that the buzz returned. I'll call Klipsch tomorrow and see what they say and then go from there. 

• Like 1

I'm sure they will cover the amp under warranty.  but yeah i haven't heard that specific jtr model. i have heard the cap 4000, which a pair of those is all anyone would ever need. i have heard a pair of the S2 subs which was also insane. and then i have heard the orbit shifter. all basically unreal experiences. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

Yeah diy reigns supreme for bang for your buck. But I've seen enough struggle I'll always throw out the heavy hitters first without a stated budget. Couple of big marty subs with the right 18" and a pro amp would kill just about any room. 

Ya I'm really  not in the position for DIY lol I'm pretty mechanically inclined but not good with wood working. Those jtr subs are insane looking, especially the orbital shifter with the folded horn. I've always heard Horn loaded subs were really good. 

There are guys on AVS that sell kits with all the pieces pre-cut and labled and, all you do is glue the boards together.  No saw, ect. need.  Most kits could be put together in an hour.  Next screw in the driver and paint/vennear it.  The other advantage is using a pro amp like the I Nukes with DSP.  This will allow you to mate the sub to the room.

I started off with two kits from Parts Express and went crazy large on subs after that, lol.

• Like 1