RP-280F & RP-250C Tweeter falloff, i thought they were rated to 25khz?

mother's corpse

Inflated specs.......never seen that before :P

make sure there isn't anything going on with EQ from receiver at all. What kind of gear are you working with. I know audyssey in stock form cuts down the highs quite a bit. I find myself changing mine from reference to flat soon as calibration is done. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scrappydue said:

Inflated specs.......never seen that before :P

make sure there isn't anything going on with EQ from receiver at all. What kind of gear are you working with. I know audyssey in stock form cuts down the highs quite a bit. I find myself changing mine from reference to flat soon as calibration is done. 

No EQ at all, i reset the AVR to stock and have only one speaker attached and the response is pretty much the same.

znoCUv.png

well then i would say the specs were inflated 

I'd be interested in seeing others with the same speaker measure their tweeter because idk if this could really be true, its just too insane. Also I had a problem a few months back with one speaker sounding louder it was said it was my room since the speaker measured flat together with all inputs, now I have this weird problem but it's both fronts and center measuring the same... I'm freaking lost here.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I'm fresh out of reference premieres. i have a friend with some that lives a couple miles from me. who knows when i could get over there to measure though. 

I'll see if I can get any official word from Klipsch or some graph to compare it to directly from them so I know I am within the realistic real-world spec of these tweeters and not what's written on a spec sheet.

Is your microphone calibrated properly and are you using the right angle?  Unless you know it's calibrated and loaded the right file and are using the right angle, I'm not sure I'd trust high frequency graphs much.  

I'm surprised it is that flat inside a room with no EQ, you should still be getting reflections of some sort.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scrappydue said:

I'm fresh out of reference premieres. i have a friend with some that lives a couple miles from me. who knows when i could get over there to measure though. 

I am going to use my gear tonight to check.  I will post tomorrow as well since I have a pair of RP-280f.  Thanks to Scrappy for looking into this as well.  Hopefully it's just a single thing, not trying to be rude MrGrey.  Hope you can get it sorted

• Like 1

Is your microphone calibrated properly and are you using the right angle?  Unless you know it's calibrated and loaded the right file and are using the right angle, I'm not sure I'd trust high frequency graphs much.  Yeah the second one is the atmos version of the towers so idk if that matters.

I'm surprised it is that flat inside a room with no EQ, you should still be getting reflections of some sort.  

Yes I am using the UMIK-1 Mic with the right calibration file since I am point the mic inches away from tweeter.

I am going to use my gear tonight to check.  I will post tomorrow as well since I have a pair of RP-280f.  Thanks to Scrappy for looking into this as well.  Hopefully it's just a single thing, not trying to be rude MrGrey.  Hope you can get it sorted

I did it exactly how it's supposed to be done with the right calibration file and mic, even did it again today to make sure nothing is wrong and the Towers and center have the same response. Pretty strange because I've never seen this.

What I meant by angle is if you get a calibrated UMIK from Cross-Spectrum, they measure it at 0 degrees, 45, and 90.  You have to use the right file based on which way it is pointing, there's actually six that are supplied.  I would assume that it could roll off up high if you didn't.