Best center for quintet?

drwhom

Good day all! I bought the new quintet for a new 7.2 Devon receiver. I used the speakers for the surround channels. I bought R15M for the front left/right. I have R125W sub. I have read that the center is the most important speaker. My question: what is a good center upgrade for my current setup? And, are there other factors I might be failing to ask?

Thank you!

The timbre match for the main LCR would be the R-25C - but it's not going to do the best for you in terms of SQ.  The best would be either the RP-440C or RP-450C.  The problem then becomes the timbre and the fact that the satellites and bookshelves may have problems keeping up.

So, you're walking a slippery slope.  Do you plan to upgrade the rest any time soon?

The R-25C would in fact timbre match - but it's not going to be exactly a strong speaker.  It was designed with the R-15M's in mind, that's about the only benefit it has going for it in your setup.  The RP-250C is not a bad option, but I'm sure you could find an RC-62 for the price of the 250C, and the build quality and SQ is so much better on the 62.

It sounds like you're going for lower profile, so the 4-driver centers probably are not what you are seeking.  I think if you can find a 62, you will be very happy.

• Like 1

I honestly have never created one.  I'm a schematic guy.  I use schematics lol.

It's a 9'x9' room with a nook.  The ceiling is curved - not on purpose - because the old owners took out a closet on one side of the room.  Yeah, this room is terrible. lol