Radio Shack gold series audio cable closeout.

Soundthought

My local Rat Shacks have been discontinuing a couple of different cables.

3ft shielded gold series audio cables.

Comes in a package of 4.

They retail for $16.99 a set.

Close out price of $9.97.

Part # 42-2603.

The only other i'm aware of were similar to the affore mentioned, except that all 4 cables were tied together. Mainly used for Equalizers.

I found 2 sets.

I believe they list for 12-15 bucks.

Picked them up for $ 0.97 each. Unreal.

I don't know if this is just a local thing.

It might be worth checking out. Smile.gif

Just wanted to share that with everyone.

It's a great price for a good cable. IMO.

Cheers,

John

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

Here is what is up with Radio Shack. Everybody knows that they sell some crappy stuff, well not crappy but not up to par with mouser and whatnot. And with such a push for home theaters and computers becoming a staple income for many stores like it, Radio Shack is reconstructing its lineup. A lot of the really cheap things, cheaply made, like the capacitors and cheaply made speakers and a very small variety of computers and stuff like that, it is all going. The NEW Radio Shack is going to have more of the Mega Cable stuff inplace of RadioShack gold branded cables. They use Pioneer receivers with RCA fronts essentially. I really hope they bring back the copper speakers, look JUST like the RF speakers from Klipsch! And they actually sound pretty nice Wink.gif The inside will be much more user friendly for people who don't know a ton about computers and building electrnoics and home theaters. Allready they have gotten about 30% done at the Willowbrook Radio Shack by me. The manager told me that it is going to be really cool after everything is done. Radio Shack is a pretty conservative part of the Tandy corp, and I think what they are going to try and do is make a RadioShack/Incredible Universe hybrid store. IU's products besides washer and kitchen stuff, in a RadioShack sized store. Trying to appeal to the masses with a little more money, but they will still have a lot of the old products that people have become familiar with. They are going to REALLY push Laptops and 3G cell phones as well as venture more into the Home Theater market.

If you want some great cheap headphones, check out radio shacks new Studio 20's. They sound amazing and are only $15. Just one example of what it to come Wink.gif You should check out the one by me, it looks pretty promising.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Yeah, they've been working on their stores around here for a couple of days now.

There is no doubt that you must use your head when buying from Radio Shack.

Some stuff is good, others are not so good.

It really comes down to what you shop there for.

The RCA pro series HT recievers are basically the pioneer equivalent with a RCA label.

The cables which i'm talking about are decent by a design standpoint.

They have gold plated METAL terminations that fit very snug. (compared with my AudioQuest Diamondbacks').

They have sealed solder connections, a decent dialectric, and strain relief.

That qualifies it as a good cable. IMHO.

A 3ft long set of four multicolored interconnects for 10 bucks.

You can't beat it.

It's kind of cool seeing some color behind my gear.

The set comes with a Red, Black, Yellow, and Green cable.

Rainbowrific buuuddy.

------------------

Yeah, Radio Shack is going to DIE a slow, painful death if they don't start selling some stuff that is over $100.

I spend 15 minuites in there, and was able to leave the store for 60 cents. That ain't covering the employees salary that helped me, let alone all the other expenceses.

Incredible Universe was a neat store (I went to the San Diego one), but it didn't last. I think people would eat up a Best Buy style store with a Wal-Mart price structure. You can always sell cheap stuff.

Well, our Rat Shack is not doing well. I doubt they sell ANY of their TV's, DVD players, HT's, speakers, etc.

Again, Radio Shack cannot survive on resistors and buttons and alarm cable. They need to sell stuff!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Radio shack sells stuff that is hard to find at other stores. They have every kind of splitter and cable that you can think of, plus for the eletrical engineers resistors, diodes, capacitors, etc. I had one radio shack employee try to tell me that their are only 3 brands of speakers on the market today. RCA and 2 other brands. I didn't laugh in his face but I wanted to. They do need to pitch the RCA stuff though. It sucks. I have noticed what other people say thou, with better wires now available. I even see that they now sell pioneer equipment and MTX speakers. That surprized me when I was in the store last week.

------------------

27" 3 line digital comb filter JVC TV

Denon AVR-2802 Receiver

Denon CDM-270 CD Player

Aiwa DVD Player (sucks)

Klipsch RF3-II's Fronts

Klipsch RC3-II Center

Infinity HPS-250 Subwoofer

Yamaha ??? surrounds

69"X76" Hand made oak entertainment center.

I just wish they would stop asking for my address...cwm2.gif

------------------

Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.0

Phono Preamp - Parasound PPH-100

PreAmp - ASL AQ2004DT

Amp - ASL Wave 8 mono blocks

Receiver - H/K AVR-210

DVD - Sony DVP-S360

Mains - KLF-20

Center - KLF-C7

Surrounds - Optimus Pro LX-10

Sub - Yamaha YST-SW160

Reinforcement - JBL 4638

Not all RCA gear sucks. I actually like thier DirecTV recievers. I have tried models from other brands, namely Sony and Philips, but I just liked the interface and performance of the RCA ones better.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

I too like their RCA satelite recievers

Very user friendly.

I just enjoy wandering around playing and looking.

Mostly with all the pieces parts.

It really pisses the employees off.

None of the Shacks i've been in really want people hanging around.

They always try to shuffle me out.

Of course, I won't ever be hurried.

Especially, not by the likes of some Rat Shack flunky. Smile.gif

The Shack is kinda like a candy store for me.

Whereas the stereo shop is like a toy store.

Then there's Best Buy and Circut City.

They're more resemblant of the mainsteam marketplaces' attempt to govern the standard by which people base their electronic choice.

They're completely motivated by sale incentives. Always tring to keep the man down by dictating what the standard of quality should be by utilizing media tactics and other uncouth methodolgy.

Being able to purchase stock at incredible discounts because of enormous purchase volumes allows them to maintain stable profit margins.

From that they can peddle whatever is going to make a better profit and still offer a better price than that of a similiar small company in the same genre.

It's scandalist but it's business nonetheless.

Gee- You can't tell i'm passionate about that subject...can you? Smile.gif

But i digress.

Get the cables.

Good cables

Shiny new cables.

Fun happy happy cables.

Whew!

I think I need a Rum-N-Coke.

That took alot outta me.

------------------

Audioreality said:

None of the Shacks i've been in really want people hanging around.

They always try to shuffle me out.

Of course, I won't ever be hurried.

Especially, not by the likes of some Rat Shack flunky.

That is not the case with the local Tweeter. They like it when I come in for alittle while to shoot the breeze and play with the nice toys Smile.gif. Just tonight, I wandered in to see whats knew and we were playing with a Denon AVR5803. Boy, that is sure a nice piece! I envy those of you that have one Smile.gif. Oh well, I was told that the AVR3802 I have is nothing to sneeze at (and was told it is the most popular reciever they sell at that Tweeter along with the new Pioneers).

I also tend to agree with what you say about the Best Buy and all. I do like to wander around the local Best Buy though and play with some of the stuff. It is also kinda funny when one of those kids walks up and tries to sell me the Bose gear or whatever they have only to have me tell them that I'll stick with my Klipsch and Denon Smile.gif. However, when buying computer peripherals as well as software and DVD's and such, they are a good source.

Speaking of rum-and-coke - as soon as I hit "submit", I'll take a walk down to the local Cantina to down a few Coronas Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Yeah, Rat Shack sells all the little, hard to find bits, but thats the problem. I have spent 15, 20, 30 minuites in their with an employee helping me. Well, his labor was $4 for my $1 purchase. That isn't going to keep a store in business.

Out local Eagle (bought by "lowes...") has turned their fasteners area into 1/4 the size and bloated the prices. I have to go to Home Depot or Ace Hardware now. Thanks Lowes, you can kiss my ***. Don't even get me started on Top Choice lumber, its still warped...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org