Bag End subs

prodj101

I was just curious why anyone hasn't tried out the Bag End subs. They make good stuff. They have an 18 inch for around 1150 that goes down to 8hz. They're just cheap cause they're not a widley known name like Klipsch or Velodyne. They sound great in my opinion, and in reviews, also to other people.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

I would be interested in comments also. I have been thinking about building a sub using the same principle. At least 2 and maybe 4 15" speakers with lots of power should keep up with the K-horns on low power.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds), 1978 Heresy's on the way

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>

I heard some great reviews of their Infra Sub 18, then others that said it would go low, but not loud.

------------------

Thanks,

Bill

Primary HTS

Mains: Black La Scalas

Rears: Belles

(Until La Scalas are refinished)

Center: La Scala

(Until Belle is refinished)

Rear Center: Recycle KLF C7

Front Effects: None Yet

Sub: Velodyne CT-150

Extra: Black Chorus IIs

Receiver: Yamaha RXV3000

TV: HD Toshiba 61" 61H70

DVD: Sony DVP-S560D

There are 2 good reviews of the BAG in AUDIO. One was done by Keele about 3 years ago, and one was in a subwoofer comparison test doen by Tom Nousaine about 6-7 years ago. They both indicated the Infra is very powerful >35-40hz. Not so good <35hz. The Keele review in particular showed an interesting change in the FR curves as volume was increased(showing the built in *elf* limiters at work). If memory serves, the Bag was flat down to about 8hz(meeting its claimed extension)...at like 75dB. Once the levels were increased to more HT like levels(100-110dBs) the Bag dropped off a cliff around 35hz.

TV