Getting my feet wet with a new system mainly for music

mr clean

Just wanting 2 channel and maybe a sub for tv. Have some rp280s on the way Question is this. Im wanting to get a cd player and perhaps a turntable down the road but also want to listen off the computer. I don't mind spending a decent amount of cash but I've worked around loud in a chemical plant for 30 plus years and even wearing protection my ears are far from perfect. This said I still want something that sounds very good but the don't need to go to a level of perfection some on here strive for. Im still looking but what are your thoughts on outlaw audios rr2150 receiver with bluetooth from outlaw added? And if I add bluetooth to it can a tv send and receive a bluetooth signal if the tv has bluetooth using the tv to the 2150. My tv now has rca outputs but if I change tavs down the road this would be a concern. I guess with adapter cable I could still use the outlaw receiver. Am I thinking right? Sorry for the questions but I guess thats what makes a forum work. I play around on the computer but the hardware side is a weak point am I'm trying to learn. Thanks in advance.

The Outlaw looks great.  An avr is a nice way to go.  I can pretty much doing everything with an avr, and BDP.  This allows playing music files from a PC and gives a nice selection of apps for radio, Netflix, Amzon Video, Pandora, etc.  As far as Blutooth for  TV, I will defer to others to answer that question.

I went a different direction. Went with all emotiva. Pt-100 preamp with tuner. A-300 150 watt amp and erc-3 cd player and btm-1 bluetooth dongle. Been reading a ton and this equipment based on reviews punches above its weight for the price. Spent under 1000 bucks total due to christmas sales. The rp280fs just arrived!! Anyone using any of the emotiva equipment. Power amp looks like its got some nice internals. Hope I went the right direction for me on my choices. I want nice but I'm sure some on here have a much better ear than me and are willing to spend more on equipment than I. I have a few other hobbies but hope this system will put a smile on my face!

• Like 2

Mr.Clean, I own plenty of Emotiva equipment and have had plenty more I have sold due to upgrade. I think you will be happy with your set up. I am not familiar enough with the new amp/preamp combo you selected although most people that own that set up are pretty happy. Since you took advantage of the holiday Sale you could easily sell the gear on Ebay if you ever decide to upgrade. I am guessing the A-300 150 watt amp is similar in build and specs to the older UPA-2 which I owned. Plenty to fill a room with good sound. I own a couple of the ERC-3 CD transports and also own a few of the ERC-2 slot loaders. All of the players sound fantastic.

If you need help with anything pop in over on the Emotiva site lounge. Lots of helpful people over there as well.

Keep us updated with your gear!

Tim