TV stand compatible with rp-450c

Gandalf007

Every single one if you walk making your tv. Otherwise not you wanna wall mount, again but any stand you want, and build a platform over the speaker for tv to sit on. Otherwise if you actually want a spot for a huge center to fit be ready to fork over some big money. Salamander makes some. Standoutdesigns has some nice ones made in the us. But man they are crazy expensive. 

On 2017-01-04 at 0:44 PM, Scrappydue said:

Every single one if you walk making your tv. Otherwise not you wanna wall mount, again but any stand you want, and build a platform over the speaker for tv to sit on. Otherwise if you actually want a spot for a huge center to fit be ready to fork over some big money. Salamander makes some. Standoutdesigns has some nice ones made in the us. But man they are crazy expensive. 

That they are. I looked high and low for a unit that would accommodate my RC62 and found VERY few options other than these two companies and I did see something from BDI. They are even more expensive here in Canada and getting one shipped all the way to the Northwest Territories was not even close to being doable. Ended up having a friend who happens to be a cabinet maker on the side make me a replica of one of the Standout Design models (Horizon) in pine. Still cost me 2k Canadian in the end, but it came totally finished - glass doors, hardware, stained and varnished good to go with no shipping charges on top of.

It might not be as bad to copy a design down there as wood and other supplies are much less expensive.

These companies may have something that could work, as your centre is wide (31.5 inches) but not that tall, only 6. It may fit in something designed for a large sound bar.

Something like this might work (BDI)

https://www.bdiusa.com/media-furniture/avion_2_8929.shtml#.WHADTH1r8fU

I'm going to reply to my own comment (I don't normally talk to myself...). Disregard everything I wrote.

It just occurred to me that the RP series are rear ported. That being the case putting that centre inside a cabinet would not be a good idea, things could get boomy fast. The Reference II series were all front ported. This as far as your TV stand hunt is concerned is a good thing as it opens up many options. That centre will do best sitting on top of a stand. So ideally you will just need to find one of the proper width for your TV that has enough spaces underneath for your components. Many of them come with rear mounting brackets so that the TV itself is a little higher and not on top of the unit itself or you can wall mount the TV directly behind the stand.; this will keep your speaker from blocking the lower part of the screen.

15 hours ago, YK Thom said:

I'm going to reply to my own comment (I don't normally talk to myself...). Disregard everything I wrote.

It just occurred to me that the RP series are rear ported. That being the case putting that centre inside a cabinet would not be a good idea, things could get boomy fast. The Reference II series were all front ported. This as far as your TV stand hunt is concerned is a good thing as it opens up many options. That centre will do best sitting on top of a stand. So ideally you will just need to find one of the proper width for your TV that has enough spaces underneath for your components. Many of them come with rear mounting brackets so that the TV itself is a little higher and not on top of the unit itself or you can wall mount the TV directly behind the stand.; this will keep your speaker from blocking the lower part of the screen.

I've always wondered something. Is EVERYTHING expensive up there? It sounds like and I sometimes wonder how people survive up there lol? I mean if so, besides probably being gorgeous, what would be the point of living somewhere so expensive? 

Just wondering. Always been intrigued by the super far north territories of Canada. 

It is expensive to live here. Everything from electricity to consumer goods are higher. The upside is that our wages are higher than the Canadian average so it kind of works out. The big draw for many over the years has been the availability of work. Yellowknife is the territorial capital so there are a lot of government jobs and we are the hub for the diamond mines. Creates a lot of spin offs and sort of a self contained economic bubble. When things are slow in the south the impact is less up here. Many come but many can't adapt and don't stay, so opportunities are always popping up. If you are a skilled tradesman for example, there is more work than you can imagine. My wife works for the territorial government and does OK (she's not a manager or anything), I have had a few different jobs since we came and eventually found my way into economic development. It's a trade off to be sure. We will definitely move back south when we retire, unless you have a lot of resources and an insane pension it is far to expensive to retire here. Too damn cold as well.

• Like 1

As well there are some nice lifestyle advantages, if you are into hunting and or fishing things are great. Surrounded by lakes so boating is very popular as well as sledding. This is a shot just now from my window, the lake in the background is Back Bay which leads you out onto the big lake (Great Slave). The wife works directly across the street, I'm about two blocks away. We hardly ever drive the Jeep except for heading to the other end of town or out to the bush. Have a nice little pub right across the street as well. So no commuting, home for lunch etc.

image.jpg

• Like 1

It is expensive to live here. Everything from electricity to consumer goods are higher. The upside is that our wages are higher than the Canadian average so it kind of works out. The big draw for many over the years has been the availability of work. Yellowknife is the territorial capital so there are a lot of government jobs and we are the hub for the diamond mines. Creates a lot of spin offs and sort of a self contained economic bubble. When things are slow in the south the impact is less up here. Many come but many can't adapt and don't stay, so opportunities are always popping up. If you are a skilled tradesman for example, there is more work than you can imagine. My wife works for the territorial government and does OK (she's not a manager or anything), I have had a few different jobs since we came and eventually found my way into economic development. It's a trade off to be sure. We will definitely move back south when we retire, unless you have a lot of resources and an insane pension it is far to expensive to retire here. Too damn cold as well.