help with connecting 1//4" jack to stereo

HIFI4EVER

You need the proper cables, with 1/4 in. on one end and ends to fit the amplifier. If you can't make these yourself Monoprice should have what you need. If a Guitar Center is close they should have what you need, you may need to cut off one end to fit the amplifier. Make very sure you are getting a loudspeaker cable, not the ones that go from a guitar to an amplifier.

The easy way is the get one 1/4 in. to 1/4 in. at double the length you need. Cut it in half and strip the wires to connect to your amp/stereo (assuming it has binding posts or screw terminals.)

Bruce

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marvel said:

The easy way is the get one 1/4 in. to 1/4 in. at double the length you need. Cut it in half and strip the wires to connect to your amp/stereo (assuming it has binding posts or screw terminals.)

Bruce

um maybe not.  most 1/4 inch patch cables are for low level signals and the gauge is not big enough for the power a speaker will need.  However Prime cable does have some lengths that are 16 gauge... will work in a pinch.   Are you able to solder? then just buy some 14 or 12 gauge speaker cable and some 1/4 mono jacks and make your own. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, efzauner said:

um maybe not.  most 1/4 inch patch cables are for low level signals and the gauge is not big enough for the power a speaker will need.  However Prime cable does have some lengths that are 16 gauge... will work in a pinch.   Are you able to solder? then just buy some 14 or 12 gauge speaker cable and some 1/4 mono jacks and make your own. 

One was assuming 12-16 gauge. Musician's Friend, Guitar Center, etc., has SPEAKER cables wired with 1/4 in. phone plugs. They come in lengths up to at least 50 ft. Again, cut in half, strip the wires and you're done. Not cheap, but easier than soldering heavier gauge wire on those connectors, or using ones with set screws.

• Like 1

Thank you.  Of course the horns are not making any noise and even connecting direct bare wires to them I get nothing out of them so I assume they are dead.

Is it possible to use these parts to fix them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231834520708

Next question is how to use input barrier strips...  

I currently have 12 gauge speaker wire  with rca plugs soldered to 1/4" jacks that go to the inputs on my QSC amps, can I run them to the barrier strip instead for less noise issues or do I need them grounded?

Next question is on Lpads.  The speakers were scorpian 15's now they are black widow and more powerful.  The horns OTOH are stock and probably why blown.  If I use an Lpad of 100 watts to go to the horn what ohms should I use?  Does it have to match the horn or can it be used to regulate power more?